how do you hang a ski on the wall?

rotb35

• Baller

I use the cheapo bookshelf L angles covered with EVA foam for all of my watersports stuff. If I were going make something to go on a concrete wall, I probably build an entire stand alone unit and just anchor it to the wall. I would probably use 2 - 2x4's as a base and use my same method.

If you just have one ski though, dbski's rack may look a whole lot nicer.

• Baller

If presentation of your carbon skis is the goal, I know a guy who builds custom race car parts out of carbon. He'll build you a rack that looks like it belongs in Ferrari's Formula One pit and it will probably not cost any more than $15,000 .....

I used a dozen 12" long 1'' wooden dowels drilled and glued into two 2x6s anchored into the cinder block garage wall.

• Baller

For an easy rack, if you have basic welding skills, get an angle iron from menards, get some round bar or allthread. Weld the rod at the angle you want so that it displays the bottom of the ski. Finish the rack by slipping a large rubber or plastic washer over the rods down to the end, then slip rubber hose or heat shrink tubing of appropriate length over the rods.

If you want the angle irons to look cool, paint them black, then take the mesh rubber drawer liner stuff from walmart, and use it as a mask to spray silver over the black. FInishe with clear and it looks like carbon fiber.

Cover the rods with colored rubber for pizzaz?