Oldschool Perfectpass parts

bigtallweed

With all the chip upgrades,new displays, stargazer and now zbox there must be a lot of component collecting dust on shevles. I have a first generation module that works great but I want to put magnets in the course and my module only has a phone jack for the hand timer.I know I can alter a smart timer cord to get power and ground but was wondering if anyone has a :

1) pro or digital pro mastermodule

2) 5.0 program chip ( mine is 4.0 with one mph increments {which 6.5 does not have} but it does not have second segment balance)

3) remote display with beeper( I prefer the remote display for my boat but my first gen. underlines but does not beep)

4) smart timer

If anyone wants to sell there non used componants could you please email me @ dldals@shaw.ca

ps I was thinking of going stargazer with no magnet timing but got the impression most people prefered classic. Am I wrong?

• Baller

Tons of used PP stuff on Ski-It-Again http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Speed_Ctrl.

StarGazer is hands down the better choice over Classic IMO, way less ongoing input required. You have to spend some time dialing it in but once dialed it's awsome. I can send you crap loads of info on how to do that if you need it. You can always choose the Classic setting in SG if you want to play with it, it's included in the SG software. No Magnet Timing with SG is only available with the Z-box upgrade. SG requires one magnet at each entry gate to start the timer, or you can start the timer with a hand timer switch. Personally I'd go with the two magnets.

• Baller
@Ed Obermeier, what kind of information do you have for dialing in StarGazer? Is that with Zbox? I have been having trouble getting the system dialed in and could use some help, specifically with surging. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Baller

@DkLkSkr I've posted here probably 3 - 4 times a list of fixes for setting up SG to get rid of the surging issue, I know I have it saved somewhere but as fate would have it I can't find it (again). I know several here have saved it and can probably post it here. I'm sure Clint Smith and @chef23 stated they'd saved it, I'm sure there are numerous others as well. Can someone here help me out please?

I don't have Z-Box and have no immediate plans to add it (perfectly happy with my SG) but I'm told you have to dial in SG before you start dialing in Z-Box. I'm thinking if you fix the surging in standard SG the Z-Box fixes are much easier to accomplish, again someone else here will likely know more than I do about that. That's the awsome thing about the Ballers crew here - someone here KNOWS the answer to just about anything you need to know about pretty much anything skiing and ski boat related. A little help please...

@ Ham Wallace Thanks for the reply. I am interested in the 5.0 chip could you please email me @ dldals@shaw.ca what you want for it or post here. My times were in tolerance but second segment was faster than the first with no way to adjust with 4.0 What speedcontrol system are you using and are you happy with it?

I have a PP 6.4 working quite well in a 98 196, but as I'm reading this I'm thinking that maybe is time to upgrade to SG. I looked in SIA but I don't know very well what do I need to upgrade. I guess I need a diferent display, a multiline one, but what more parts do I need? Thanks

@ Leopold You need a multiline display and a master module that comes with a gps receiver. I can see SG being a big advantage if you drive for a lot of differant skiers but is if it's mostly a few ski partners and you know their ski weights to get good times, is a little input between skier a big deal? Do skiers notice a few hundereds off of exact times? If you do upgrade my ski partner has a 98 196 and may want to buy your old display.

Thanks, bigtallweed. The main advantage of the upgrade is that I'll only have 2 magnets in the course. So I'll have to buy just two parts: the display and the new master module. I guess it's not a very expensive upgrade if I buy used. If I do it I'll tell you something about my display.

@ Leopold I have been watching sia and there are dbw stargazer mastermodules from people going to zero off and classic modules from people going to stargazer/zbox but you just don't see stargazer servo motor modules with multline displays.Magnets are under $20 each so I am going to try that for a year and is they get cut off too often by the other lake users I'll look into going into new stargazer no magnet timing which does come now with the new modules.$500 for the module $200 for the display.

• Baller
years ago when stargazer came out I was able to purchase a used 6.5ng master module for a song off SIA, and a multi line display (off EZ Ed if I recall, thanks Ed!). I bought the rest of the parts directly through PP. I never used the smart timers, just the hand timer. Looking at doing the same thing again for my buddies nautique, so its a fight!

• Members

check out my lisitng on ski-it-again. I have the module and display you need. Since Ive upgraded my SG I could also add in a smart timer for you at an additonal cost. It likley is 5.0, but I have an old stick that I can include for you free.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Speed_Ctrl&postid=22352