Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

ho apex boots

mbabiash

• Baller_
Saw them at Nats as well and yep, no liners. You eject. But what makes them interesting is the foot bed is cut out at heal and ball of foot. All that's between u and the ski is some rubber under the liner like material. Makes it very light (lighter then Stradas I think) and the theory is you get feedback from the ski. I believe Andy used to cut the footbed out of his older rubber boots to get the same feel. No idea if that would work. Rep said release is based on how tight you sinch the ties. Makes sence. I was impressed enough to consider setting my hard shells aside and going with these but budget does not alow for that.

• Baller

What I don't get is the concept of "foot on the ski" = "control" frankly, if the boot is giving support you are transfering control/force from the leg to the ski, not the foot to the ski.

Would seem like the ideal way to transfer force to the ski is to eliminate padding/play between the shin and ski, not the foot and the ski. If my foot transfers forces to the ski I'll always be loading the left edge, as I cannot roll my forward foot onto the lateral side (soccer sprains), so I rely on the upper boot cuff to do the force transfers.