"That tastes like 15 off"....

skiray

Background - I'm currently trying to loose about 15lbs. I've convinced myself and my wife that this is the key to me breaking through my 32 off barrier.

Today, I was on the phone with my wife. I told her that I was tempted to go by McDonalds and get a #3, large sized. Basically, I'm tired of the clean eating... Her response hit square in the gut. She simply replied "McDonalds tastes like 15 off".

I drove on and stopped somewhere and ate grilled fish. After 17 years of marriage, she has finally figured out how to motivate me with words. (her other motivation tools have worked since day one...)

• Baller
I was out at Perry's Steakhouse last night with a beautiful woman, having a filet, bacon wrapped scallops, and expensive wine. I actually thought to myself while sitting there....... "This most definitely tastes like 15 off." Then I poured another glass of wine and ordered desert! :)

• Baller
Everything being equal - peak core strength, strength to weight, and all that fitness crap should help - but I remember a tournament years ago, where I watched a woman who was 6+ months pregnant and not in particulary great shape, run 32 off. You either got it or you don't.

• Baller
@usaski1 I like that better. Same sentiment but we've all been 15 offers...no reason to make them feel bad...we want to keep them in the fold and help them convert to 22, 28, 32, 35 offers etc. Blowing your opener also applies to skiers of all abilities. I have not had it happen yet, but watched a super reliable thru 38 off skier miss an opener at a tourney this year which assures me I'm not immune!

• Baller

@usaski1. I have to say you are my new hero!!!!! I just watched a bunch of your vids and I say to hell with your disability.....you rock!!!!! My brother is a quad so i have a special affinity for people with spinal cord injuries. What you are doing when half of your body mass has to be controlled by the other half is incredible. It is like skiing on a 75 pound ski!!!

It goes to show that the baller disease is not a respecter of persons. U can catch it if u are a paraplegic or an overweight ex football player!!!! I promise I will meet u just to shake your hand one day!!!!!

So in summary, you are now what tastes like 15 off to me!!!! Especially since I haven't hit it yet

• Baller

Along those lines when I lived in Waterloo we did a ski day for the Vinton Blind and also a day for the Covenant spinal cord injured. Cool stuff; for all participants it was clear that for them anything is possible. I was able to meet and be inspired by a great bunch of people who have overcome and continue to overcome significant obstacles. Strangely for those of us instructing it seemed like a huge deal, but for the participants overcoming said obstacles was simply routine and part of daily life.

Rather than focusing on what anyone could or couldn't do, I had a great time hanging with people on the dock who had many/varied interests, and were at the lake that particular day to have a blast.

• Baller
thanks Doug. I haven't got any video of my 43k / 26.7mph run this summer, but I did run it about 6 times pretty damn stoked about that. I skied more and better this summer than I have in 5 years. Nothing tastes as good to me as going round those balls as fast as I can. Disabled since birth, some have seen to pity me. ("aww that's too bad...")Tell you the truth... I wouldn't change a thing about my life.

• Baller
Come on Skiray I got your back ! Go ahead and go to Mickey D's eat whatever you want,you forgot you sent me that Quattro and it'll support that extra poundage ! Should have it dialed by the time that quarter pounder with cheese starts to show ! Got the whole Divorce Lake team evaluating what needs to be and where ,sweet carbon fin right now ! After seeing how much wider this thing is all around I'd say you can super size all winter ! So far we figure it's a cross between the FX200 and a Vector so you'll be running 22 off with a Big Mac drippin' of the front of your Jacket ! I gottta admit ,Taperflex is right , you need to be back in God's country!! You guys are missed !

• Baller
So, My youngest turned two this week and wanted to go to a buffet restaurant called Chuck A Rama. It is the kind of place where you gain five pounds just looking at the food. But, the food is good, albeit fattening as hell, but damn, with 50 different meals, 20 different desserts, and an incredible aroma, the temptation was great enough to want to down enough calories to fill my 197 bow with water. But, I remembered this thread, and had a damn healthy salad. It is interesting to note, 90 percent of the patrons were like the ones in the photo.......fat.....as......hell!!!!! Thanks guys for giving me the motivation to be able to carve a turn instead of a turkey!!