Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

the end of season blues

RazorRoss3

• Baller
Tomorrow the University of Iowa waterski team is winterizing our boats and taking our course out. Talk about depression, the single worst part about living in the norther midwest is the knowlege that winter will come and with it bring ice. I guess my lifting season has officially started since my ski season has come to an end as of tomorrow. I think everyone back in Minnesota will agree with me that this off season can't go fast enough.

Yea its depressing but my body has had enough as has my wallet. 130-150 sets since may to the sept 22 is good enough for me. My body has had enough as well. I went in to get an hour long massage yesterday knowing things were bad and the guy worked one for 90 minutes. He asked me if my lowere back hurt because it was so screwy. The second he touched my neck his response was very bad. I tweeked it in a fall back in august.

Take a break. Dont stat lifting until February and dont stop lifting in the season.

• Baller
@razorross3, time to start putting up the big weight...this is the season your bench should crack 400. I'm done skiing, gym planned Friday/Sat/Sun. Bummed about the end of skiing, bummed about how sore I will be come Monday. Bring spring.

• Baller
The northern states suck as well as Utah in regards to winters. The problem we are having is the shallow water. Last week I literally was starting in 18 inches of water. And being 6 foot 7, that is just shallow. Scot and I keep looking at lake levels daily praying that it goes up even 6 inches before it freezes over.

• Baller

Course is coming out of the water this weekend at the club in Toronto. Sad. So I sprang into action and booked 3 days with T-Gas in one month for the wife and I. Woohoo. (That plus a week at McGinnis around New Years).

For Canadian skiers, desperate times equals desperate measures.

• Baller_

63 degrees this morning, afternoon high 86 degrees! gonna sit by the pool with friends this afternoon as I hit it pretty hard yesterday and will ski hard tomorrow!

Panhandle weather is funtasic this time of year usually into mid December. Then the rubber comes out till late March.

• Baller
@OB - nah, was just wondering if any skiing in late December got done down in Florida. Would like to get some skiing in while I'm down there with my family. I'm assuming it'll be at least a heater shirt. But compared to what it is right now (~cold Illinois) I'll take that!

• Baller
@than_bogan, Young Mitch will be gunning for 400 lbs on the bench. He's got a real chance to set family records on the bench and on the short-line someday if he keeps after it year after year...though the existing marks are fairly high :)

• Baller
@bracemaker, will let @razorross3 fill u in on the current situation. I graduated undergrad '95 n med school '99. Our course was upstream of mid-river marina. It was not navigable much further up-stream. We ran a '82 MC stars and stripes w/over 2K hours, hand timed and no magnets. How do you know details about the IA ski team?

• Baller
@mzito, I'm a family doc in a small town but part of a larger doc owned multi-specialty group w/100 docs and 50 mid-level providers spread over 11 counties. I work clinical 2/3rd time and 1/3rd administrative as medical director for the system. Working on my MBA, will be done end of next summer...not sure where that will lead.

• Baller

@bigtallweed,

Good to here some other BCers are still at it! The rain showed up for us a couple of days ago on the island, but I haven't had to break out the wetsuit yet!

Hoping to get a few more sets before hanging it up for the season.

• Baller
Winterized my boat today, and submerged the slalom course on the lake for the winter. I will be ready for some downtime. With the tournaments including the midwest regionals I did more skiing this year than I ever have before. Took me an hour and a half to submerge the course from my canoe out in the middle of a 2 1/2 mile long and half mile wide lake in 15 MPH winds. The wind picked up to 25 MPH just as I finished. Fortunately I did not have to paddle back home. I had the wind at my back going back to the dock. I only had to steer.

• Baller

We had an awesome day at SMRR yesterday slalom in the am. and kind of an end of year jump fest. Tina, Lori K, Taylor Grathwol, Jordan Orsak, Kevin Fennel, and I took pokes. We measured jumps and hung out all afternoon on the jump lake. Good way to end the year.

Jeff Lindsey

• Baller

for the last 3+ years we didn't have a course on the res because the DNR cut our buoys by mistake and didn't tell us and we couldn't find the course when we dredged for it. The only time we found that we can put a fin in the mud is on the far end since the water is only 4-6 feet deep but in the course and at the starting end the water is excess of 15 feet.

@6balls the bench record will be hard to beat but I might be beating the family ski record at 36mph this coming season.

• Baller

@razorross3, that won't set any records unless you get more than 1 full buoy at 38...that means getting your ski outside of 2. Get after it as I would love to see it.

I never did run blue in a tourney in M1 or M2...you need better than 5 for a tourney at 35 off. Would love to see that, too. Records meant to be broken, so truth be told I'd like to see you both out-bench and out-ski me. You've got the time and the skills...go get 'em.

As you might imagine, though, I'm not above jumping my speed for a few weeks next season if necessary to push you.

• Baller
We had a great weekend at Aquaplex. On Friday night, I did a almost pb (not quite) 3@28.6 which is pretty damn good for me. Saturday, we didn't ski, and Sunday we skied again, and could not believe no one else was at AP. It was 80, there was no wind, and only 2 owners went out on Sunday. Ended Sunday watching football and took a dip in the hot tub... yeah. Life was good last weekend.

• Baller

I don't know about the rest of the Country, but this is what Utah looked like today. 56 degree water. 65 degree air. Skiing with Scot Chipman.....How can it get any better than this!!!!! So, we still have a couple of months of skiing here. I am looking forward to going snow skiing in December and then coming down to the lake the same day for a set!