What is the weight cutoff for 67-68" ski at 36 mph?

kfennell

• Baller

I weigh 180 lbs and have skied at 34 and 36mph on a 67" O'brien Elite (seriously thin and low riding ski) and a 68" Razor A flex which rides much higher, my conclusion is that the ski will stay on top of the water and perform well as long as the skier maintains speed both in the pull, glide, and turn. the new Goode ski only comes in one size and it is supposed to be used by skiers from 120lbs through 210 or more under the assumption that through proper fin and binding settings almost all skiers can ride on the same length ski.

• Baller_
Around 180lbs would be the border where you could ride either size. Give or take a few lbs and the general ski characteristics can shift your choice of which size is "better". IMO, if there is any question, a bigger ski will be more tolerant of mistakes and easier to ride.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

Oops thats a troll. Kfen thats a good question as im probably fit for a 66 but ride a 67. Companies usually have weight amd size charts that vary between each ski and company. I dont know where adam cord is at but shoot someone at obrien am email.

Edit: I just did as thorough of a scan of the website as I could while Im at work, there's no chart on there and the contact us link is not working on the Elite site.

There's an article from Waterski magazine with an interview of Bob Lapoint--legendary skier and ski designer--where he recommends that if ever in doubt, go to the longer ski. There is a link to that article on one of the posts that's still on the first page here. Can't remember which one, though.