Sequence Plate vs. Single Plates

tfriess

• Baller
I am about to order a pair of stradas, and they are on single plates. Would the sequence plate give me any advantage over the single plates? I know it is not advised to change both the ski and bindings at the same time, but I am going to do it anyways. Just got the Senate-C and came off an HO Phantom Truth with double Phantom bindings. I have not ridden my new stick yet.

• Baller

@h2oski - you mean the bindings can be moved 1/8" at a time. Which is the same as most binding systems. The advantage to the sequence plate is more universal fit, the tail section fits D3's, it fits Obriens.

Both front and rear screws have these step washer buttons so the plate "floats" on the ski, in theory this means that the ski can flex under the plate, and there is a thin plastic protective layer under the plate to protect the top of your ski.

The set up of the plate fixes the front binding in space, and allows front binding rotation arounda central point. The rear mount also allows rotation, and has slots spaced by about 1/4, so you can set up your rear binding, and set rotation on that. Assuming you set your bindings up rear as close to front as you can get, and at the rotation you find natural, then once bolted ot the ski you can slide it forwards and backwards as referenced, by removing the two central screws and swapping to a different row of holes. Although personally I don't get why not just slots and some finish washers so you could slid it less than 1/8". This would be easy to do at home.

My book is that it would be quite convenient if you really liked the bindings that sit on the plate, and had a desire to swap your boots to different skis with a minimum of set up but I am unsure if you actually benefit in comparison to a regular type of binding plates.

• Baller
@Tfriess probably not but don't plan on being a 15ofer for that long! I know I was skiing with Brooks a few months ago and he told me it would be best if I moved my bindings forward 1/8th my plate only does 1/4 moves. Get the sequence plate.