Baller Blasphemy

Horton

• Baller
84 degrees F Wednesday afternoon skiing, lake 72 degrees. Air temp 45 degrees by 10 pm Weds. High Saturday of 37 degrees F, no skiing. High 70's on Tuesday and hopefully skiing. We had an early winter for a few days but that is how life is here in Colorado. Hopefully the lake doesn't cool down to much. Not ready to give up the season yet!!!

• Baller

I was just thinking about the "off season". We usually don't ski at all Oct-Feb/March even though we are in southern Louisiana. I like the physical and mental break plus try to do some non-skiing activity which is hard in the summer.

This will be our first year actually living on the lake and I am wondering how I will do if it's a Saturday afternoon and in the 70's. (Sorry northern Ballers, but I would love to be close to the slopes in the winter.)

• Baller
Me too; I am ready for it to end....I need a rest and a repair to a torn meniscus that i have been limping around on since June. Funny thing is, skiing is the only thing that makes it feel better, everything else makes it hurt more...surgery sechdule for October 12th. This year was easily the most I have ever skied with about 140 days on the water and nearly 300 sets.

• Baller

Not ready at all. For the first time in years my body doesn't feel at all abused at this point in the year.

In the last 2 weeks with the help of a fellow baller I've figured something out that has had a dramatic impact on my ability to more consistently run -38 and do so with less overall energy output. I want time to work on it so I can remember how it feels, not just what I'm thinking about. I hate winter. I need to find a money management job down south!

@skibug, I am still struggling a bit with my prophesy. I think I am having a tough time adjusting to the stiffer boots of the talons v. the stokers on the 2011 prophesy.

As far as the season ending, I am looking for other activities to help me improve my cardio and improve my health for the next high season, although I think we will continue to ski for another month.

• Baller
Hoping that the last time I was out on the course wasn't the last. Battery died on my buddies boat and we only got one set in. Temp has dropped to the low 50's during the day now......looks like it'll be drysuit time soon.....for those that do it. But, I have hockey and snow skiing to look forward to!

• Baller
We are winding down as well. The water was 59* today and I hadn't skied in over a week but it was beautiful out there today with the air around 7* and the sun was out and strong. I went with the full suit but the dry suit could be around the corner. Unfortunately I am travelling a lot over the next few weeks so I may not get to ski much before I have to pull the boat.

• Baller
I go at it pretty hard all summer with the boating, skiing, and motorcycling, so by this time of year I'm kind of ready to rest and catch up on things around the house. I'm into hiking so that kind of takes over once the weather cools off enough to enjoy that. Waded into the lake to take the buoy off of my mooring today and all I can say is these nights in the 30s are cooling the water down quick. 29 here tonight. I had thoughts of skiing one more time behind my dad's boat but it ain't gonna happen.

• Baller
I have two more weeks then I put the boat away. I don't mind the downtime. I enjoy watching football when it the winter takes hold of us in Ohio. My body needs a break. I have sore right elbow, right knee and ankle. This off season I will rest for a month than hit the gym again. I am trying to make it back to the midwest regionals next year..

• Baller
maybe it's just that I live in the northern midwest but my season is way to short to begin with and I just figured out my 32 off gate just in time to winterize the boats so I'm ready for the season to go for another 5 months take march off and then start right up again in april.

• Baller

Water and air are cold. I skied thirty two 32s yesterday in 40 degree temps with a 15mph NNW (quartering cross) wind. My hands really hurt by the end, but dang that's good fun! Hoping we get some better air temps.

The north is dumb. I want to move south. Someone hire me.