Drysuit recommendation?

Than_Bogan

• Baller

I think my Sahara is finally starting to leak a bit.

I'm really bummed they don't make those anymore, because that style is perfect for me. I literally don't lose a single buoy going into my Sahara (although it does sometimes take a little more out of me).

I've never liked baggy -- I found the excess noise and vibration quite distracting.

Anybody have any thoughts?

• Baller

@Than_Bogan Ray just got the Neil Pryde suit from Coble's when we were down there. I think he has worn it once.

I have an O'Neil Assault Hybrid and it is good and I don't find it flappy in the wind. I do put a vest on over it and it works well for me.

• Baller

BI is overbuilt and dry as a bone even in a nasty fall, but I find cumbersome on/off and high drag so I don't wear mine for skiing. I do use it to swim our course off the bottom right after ice out because it's bone dry and I can put on lots of clothing underneath.

The boost is easy on/easy off, fits well w/integrated suspenders, and dry other than a big fall will come through the neoprene neck. The neo neck, however is IMO more comfy than latex and thus worth it.

• Baller_
@Than I still have my O'Neil Throttle that I will get another 3-4 years out of. O'Neil will replace seals and make repairs for life. People that have used the 3000 say you have to take a pretty bad crash to get water in it.

• Baller
While O'Niel does replace the seals and make repairs it seems the quality has gone down and the response time has gone up. While we love the Throttle a few members at our lake refuse to buy any more O'Niel drysuits because of the quality and the customer service issues. I have a Throttle that has a ripped sleeve seal that I am using electrical tape to make work till the end of the season. I think one on the members sent his in at the end of last season and did not get a working version returned (2 or 3 returns later) until it was way past drysuit time in the Summer. It should be good for the fall season though. Most of us have 2 drysuits so we are covered should one break. I do like the comments on the 3000 though.

• Baller
The front zip is very convenient, but the suit is awesome. I had an old rear zip tight suit that really limited mobility and didn't allow anything warm under. With this suit, I feel like Incan still actually ski, and not just ride to stay in ski shape.

• Baller

@6balls I also have an Eagle, and have also used a Boost. Both good suits if you like baggy style. I've been very pleased w/ my Eagle. I think the convenience of the front zip is an equal trade off w/the more comfortable "neoprene neck seal" of the later versions of the Boost. The Eagle is very lightweight. Almost seems to "breathe" a little better than others. I just dress accordingly underneath based on the temps.

I will be putting it to use tomorrow for the first time this fall (as will my daughter ...who also has one).

• Baller
I went to the O'neill website, but couldn't find instructions / costs for drysuit repair. Anyone have the been there done that experience? How much should 1 expect for a neck seam re-glue & tape? I have the old 90's suit. Still works. Considering a repair, then resell.

• Baller

I paid $150 2 years ago for O'Neill to replace the leg and wrist seals on my drysuit. Last week both a leg seal and a wrist seal ripped, season over. I expected more than 2 years of limited use out of it when the original seals lasted over 12 years with fairly regular use.

Now thinking about an Eagle front zip suit for the spring.