nano one

kwray

• Baller

I'd really like to help, but I think we still need a LOT more information.

Are the bindings new to you? What ski/bindings did you come off of?

So you're standing in the trough or the whitewash (which one?) and then you start to do what and then the ski does what?

Any chance of some video to see these symptoms?

I'm guessing that what you're experiencing is something I would give a different name to, because I don't understand how a ski can be difficult to edge change. I've definitely experienced "edge seeking" where if you stand neutral it jumps back and forth, but if you lean a ski over, then it's on the edge. It can't stop that.

Sorry to be so useless and confused (so far)!

The bindings are new, good hard shells,,when I pull out for the gates it doesn't want to get over on edge, same feeling when going into one ball, fells like a ski with the fin too deep.

I was skiing on a 2007 radar mpd with animal bindings !

• Administrators
@Chuck Dickey I do not think that is recommended. in the case of a fall you want all of the energy to be transferred to the bindings so they can pull the plate off the ski. If you run the buckles loose enough so your ankle can move around you will take more stress before the boot will release.

• Baller
Never run em so loose they would come out in the fall, but I've felt what Horton was referencing, too loose by the time you hit the buckle it is stopping your motion, the buckle shouldn't have slack to take up, but you don't need them so tight that your foot is in constant pressure. You just need them to be up against the liner so the foot pulls the boot off the ski.

• Administrators

@BraceMaker I think we are on the same page. When I destroyed my right foot, my heel was able to lift pretty far before the release should have happened. The result is that my foot was in a worse position for the stress, under more stress and the release happened later than it should have.

(ok it never released - was not in powershells but same thing could happen.)