Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Sixam 1.0 vs. 1.1

• Baller

I ski on a sixam 1.1. No ventral. Working on 22 off @ 34. I can run 32 mph pretty consistent on my ski. My fin is set up all stock.

Today I didn't have my gear with my so I rode a friends 1.0. I went out the front twice @ #1 ball. He has the ventral on his ski but I'm not sure how the fin is set up.

So.. What is different between the build of the two skis and what is could be different to make me go out the front so easy.

Thanks

Tim

• Baller

same mold, different flex pattern (supposed to be anyway). Both skis generally flexed at the 17" in the low 70s and at 25" around 110 but at 33" the 1.0 would be in the 140s compared to the 1.1 in the 130s and at 41" the 1.0 would be around 160 while the 1.1 would be in the low 150s. As with any compression molded ski the variance is wide and sometimes a 1.0 would flex vitually the same as a 1.1 and vice-versa.

It would be real interesting to flex the 2 skis you rode. Not sure how the ventral affected things but I'm surprised you had such an adverse reaction to the 1.0. Would your friend let you remove his fin and put yours in to see how you do? After a couple out the fronts you may not want to do anymore experimenting on the 1.0 but if you're up for the test I'm curious of the results.