We have some high quality people in our sport!

Tim Vaio

• Baller

This weekend myself and my 3 boys skied in a slalom tournament in the Sacramento area. 2 rounds Sat and 2 rounds Sun. Sat everyone skied great and had a great day. Sat night we ran an errand with the boys and was in Sports Authority for 15 mins and we came out and my car had been broken into. Took my in dash Nav/Stereo and my 16 year olds D3 slalom ski / Reflex hardshell / gloves / handle and one of my 13 yr olds D3 slalom ski / gloves / bindings / handle (they left mine and my other 13 yr olds ski's there). We filed a report, called Will Bush and Paul Crawford Sat night about 9pm to see what replacement equipment we could throw together. Paul brought us everything the boys needed first thing Sun am. Paul, Jimmy B and I setup the skis on the dock at 7:30am and the tourn started at 8am. My 13 yr old went out on a completely new setup (including gloves and handle) and ran 2@28' off (34 mph) which is 1 buoy off a tourn PB. My 16 yr old then skied on his brand new setup and ran 4.5@28' off (36 mph) which is one of his top 3 tournament scores.

My wife and I were really impressed with how Will / Paul / The Trimbles and the whole crew at Redwood Shores helped turn what could have been a bummer day into a really great day. Lots of smiles from the boys! These are the things that really show what a great group of people we have involved in skiing. I really appreciate people who go out of their way to help the kids in our sport.

Thanks!

• Baller

@ski38,

Hope you are able to find them. It was great to see all the people help get things switched around for the boys. The funny thing was when we stopped at the end of the lake, the first they made sure was not how the ski looked/felt, it was telling me what speed to go next. :)

Lots of great people in this sport!