Response LX questions

swc5150

• Baller
I noticed a 2012 Response for sale on SIA, asking $32k. Is Bu continuing to make this boat, and is it just a stripped down LXI? It looks like a really nice boat for a decent price. If someone is buying one new, any idea what they should expect to pay? Any other thoughts on these - how do they ski, track, etc?

• Baller_

The LX is a special order boat and a different hull from the LXi and you can still get one. The LX is a 90" beam, LXi 93", along with a 1' difference in length (LX shorter). Therefore, the LX has a smaller open bow, which is entered via a step over configuration (although there is a walk thru version now for sale in Australia) compared to walk thru for the LXi.

The LX does have a devout following, see previous comment, many people really like it's wake. It also has an awesome barefoot wake.

• Baller
My ski partner has one, it is a 2011 with 300 hrs and ZO it is also on ski it again for 29500. It is a good boat and skis nice. We changed props to an ON per suggestions on the site and have been happy with the boat. I have skied behind this boat a lot and think that it is a steal for the money. The only reason he is selling is because he plans to join the Malibu promo program