Mapple's Ski Set-up

Dirt

I notice now looking at video of Andy on his new ski how much difference there is in how it has evolved since the '90's. His old O'Brien's were quite narrow in the forebody and he had a lot more ski in the water. It is really noticeable how much more ski is out in front of him now comparing with my memory of watching him every weekend on the tour back then. Particulary when he is setting up waiting for the turn in on the gates. Andy once sold me a blank of his when we were skiing a bit out at Jack's and I was in between sponsors. The way he had his ski set up was amazing, I couldnt believe how much the ski kept turning into the wake after the buoy and how well he had it dialled to turn both sides equally and that was in the late 1980's. Couldn't imagine how well he has his own brand sorted now after all his knowledge and experience.

• Baller
Thurls. Maybe the set up is dialed for him, but I am not sure it works for everyone. I saw a guy on an AM 33 with numbers that were recommended to him by AM skis. (Not sure if it was Andy or Adam) I remember the depth was 2.538 and the length was about 6.700 tips. Now it may have been a misunderstanding or something, but I watched him try to get to 3 ball on his opening pass for 2 sets without success. Maybe Andy and CP can do it, but no human was gonna turn that ski.

• Baller

If Andy is at 2.53, he has to be making the tallest fins in the market. Look how much is is sticking out the top of the fin box. Also notice he has the front stuffed up a little higher so he does run a shorter fin.

Nicole has a different fin box. Maybe he is giving away those old Sixam boxes. :)