Friends don't let friends buy Straightline handles.

GAJ0004

• Baller
I have broken a second straighline handle in two seasons. I had one of their Shadow handles it broke last year, they sent me a traditional handle as a replacement. It broke too. I am taking Straightline off my list. They make a crappy product..

• Baller
I've folded up both ML and SL handles over the years so I can't say one brand is better than the other. But I was buying $50 - 60 handles too, not the top line variety. Switched this year to the top line ML Custom handle, so far no issues. If you're folding/breaking handles I suggest getting the best (read - most expensive) you can find. ML Custom's get good reviews here, as do In Tow. $100+ for a handle sounds like a lot of money but it's way cheaper than surgery and physical thearapy...

• Baller

I have 4 slalom ropes that I use. I have one Masterline traditional monsterbraid handle. It is by far my favorite. I have an old Straightline TLS radius which is over 10 years old which has been a great handle. They quit making it years ago. I plan to buy two more of the Masterline handles. The 1'' diameter works for me so I don't need to spend the extra money on the custom. My newer straightline handle broke as I was about to do a deepwater start. I have another one which I am going to retire after a year. The rope on it is already starting to rot(Straighline Shadow). If Masterline keeps their quality up and makes their stuff in the USA they will have me as customer for life..

• Baller

Last handle I folded was an ML Monster handle, used it only a short time before it failed. Not as heavy built as the Custom (apparently). There was an entire thread on it here not too long ago, numerous others have had similar (not good) results with Monster level handles. If you're not having issues with the Monster handle good for you. IMO for the sake of your own safety you'd be well served to step up to the Custom or similar when you buy the next one but it's your money.

Ed

Unfortunately I swopped from Straightline after getting 2 trick handles that we well out of being straight (to the point we couldn't adjust easily) then a slalom handle did the motorbike grip on me! That sure worked the forearms for a couple of sets until my new one turned up.

Then more recently, Masterline! Oh dear, I still have 2 Monster handles in my garage with only a couple of sets on each. Emailed Randy as requested with photos and never heard back. These were both supposed to be club handles.

The club just moved to US Gear on its latest order. Despite a few odd comments about the bendy bits on the end, I think the general consensus is they are working well. Apart from one soft skier (will probably read this) who complained they were a bit heavier...! (lucky the handle can't complain after hauling him around..!). ;o)

• Baller

So far my Masterline Team Monster handle has been working great. I take it to tournaments with me. I will probably buy 2-3 of the custom handles over the winter. I always rotate 4 ropes and handles. I have a two very old Straightline trick harnesses which have been very good, but they are showing their age(10+ years). I am looking at Masterline for my next two.

For years we have been going through 2 to 3 handles a year only broke a couple but shredded many, 2 years ago we bought an Accurate used it all year no problem. Bought another one Identical shredded it in 3 1/2 weeks, went back to the old one for most of the season until we noticed the rope was breaking in the loop. managed to destroy a new straight line handle in about 10 sets. please send me a link for what your using. $100- for a year + is cheaper than 2 or 3 $50 handles a year