2013 HO A3

Ed_Johnson

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

Badal has five of them. He just does not want you (Horton) to have one. I lost my borrowed ski yesterday to a crazed ponytailed college professor who said something about prying it from his cold dead fingers. He must hang out with Horton.

I will miss the A3. It is easy to ride, very stable, gets monster angle with a very seamless transition from turn to pull. The ski holds the angle outbound better than anything I have ever ridden. This creates space at the buoy. I found myself looking across (after looking at the boat guides in front of the boat) to where I normally would find the buoy and it was not there. The buoy was way further down course.

I also wanted to mention how symmetrical the turns were. We started with the off-side turn too much and the on-side ok. We adjusted the fin and moved bindings and this reversed. It still skied fine but was not perfect. The final settings we found made both sides get great angle and hold it. It is very difficult to find a ski that turns well on both sides and is balanced.

• Baller

Greg Badal is taking orders for the 66 and 67 A3. His number is nine two five 997 nine 914 if anyone is interested. I like the support I get from Greg. He knows how to set skis up. He skis ok also.

I don't get anything out of this. He charges me above retail on everything. Ask anyone in Norcal.

• Baller
Haha, I'm getting older faster and faster. I have come into this sport late and have started slow on purpose to get to fast... faster. 2013 will be my first year where I can truly train during the off season and train to perform during the in season properly. Access to a course, spotters, drivers and my own cabin were all aquired last season. We really got deep into course skiing in mid July. I give a large amount of credit to BallOfSpray for everything I have regarding skiing because without it, I would have never found out about a whole load of things available to me. But this is a story for another thread... Sorry for the ThreadJacker.......... Now back to the A3 folks!!!!

• Administrators
@jaredH20 I do not think there are that many A3s in the wild yet. If you have one you have a very early one. I would not expect the final numbers have been cooked yet. (assumption)

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

OK...These are the official Factory settings as off 12/6/2012...What I found odd was they listed the settings the same for all 3 sizes, except binding position.

6.845 Tips 2.510 Depth .730 DFT......Wing 8 degrees......68"= 30"......67"= 29.5.....66"= 29.25