Everyone in this picture has a different feeling about Seth

Horton

• Baller

For those of you that missed it Seth needed 3 to beat 2 1/2 in a head to head. He was not in any trouble at all but tried to do Ball of Hair's patented triple edge change to manage slack. It didn't work out for him. He could have just made a half turn at 3 and rode to the wakes.

The moral of the story is:

Instead of putting on clinics the day before you ski, attend one of Horton's How to manage slack effectively clinics. I have never seen Horton miss the "slack dance."

• Baller

Horton, let me know how Seth thanks you for posting that pic.

Definitely not laughing, "OH NO, how the hell did that happen, my teammate, my buddy!"

Even with the last minute choice to stand up 3, it looked like he was going to ski away no problem. Its so hard to stay in the moment in those unique situations. I bet Seth has never practiced standing up 3a39, I know I haven't.

Against me Matt (also Lefty) took a similar turn to stand up 5 ball. That light hit feels sketchy to me and I usually try to S turn or full turn, again, only if you I am totally focused on that moment, otherwise sh*t can happen.

Seth will get dialed in and be a threat, he is just getting warmed up

You definitely have to practice the zig-zag dance. I watched Dave Goode unsuccessfully negotiate the zig-zag at 2@39 in our last tournament of the season a couple days ago and he took a huge OTF when the slack came up. I practice it every time I squeak around a buoy in practice and now its just the natural thing to do anytime I barely manage to get around a buoy.