Doug Moss rocks!

eleeski

• Baller

We all know Jody and his great service and knowledge. But he's in Florida! Scott McNerney's Liquid Wrenches has taken care of Stan's boat well but his shop is in Norcal. So what can I do when my boat dies in Bako?

Now my buddy Jay decided to spruce up the old Mastercraft. Hours of polishing removed the protective coating, he oiled the teak swim step to make it really slippery and I'm now worried about putting my Ironwood catfish poop stained water on the now clean white seats. For some unknown reason he also changed the fluids. Now he put ATF in the tranny instead of 15-40 - maybe that burst the trans cooler or maybe it was coincidence. Either way the trans cooler failed. We had buddies from Alaska who flew down for a couple of hours of skiing (does the cold make you that crazy?) who were totally bummed when the tranny pumped all the ATF overboard and the boat wouldn't go anymore. We were DESPERATE!

Doug Moss hears about our problem and does his best to stay away from us. But we find him anyhow. He has a trans cooler in stock in his mobile mechanic trailer and gives up his chance to get a ski ride to fix my boat. Quick, timely, competent work got the boat running again. After paying him the pittance from his extremely fair bill we got to ski all day!

Note that last year he fixed the UCLA team boat for a very fair price (there had to be a donation factor in there) and that boat went from never working to totally reliable.

Thanks, Doug! I don't want to publish his number without his permission but he advertises on the Canyon Lake newsletter if you want to find him.

Eric

PS I am never changing fluids!

• Baller

It's always bad when I have to bump this thread. This time it's my yearly MC steering cable failure. Teleflex ssc15419. I wish Teleflex would use stainless for the joint that crimps the nice stainless end to the cable. It corrodes and freezes up at just that spot. With UCLA coming this weekend and I have to be away from the lake, the repair needs to get done right away. Doug had the part and got it to me in time for me to fix my boat!

Doug is one of those guys who does what he says he'll do, on time and at a reasonable price. Thanks Doug.

Eric

I have a 2007 MC Prostar 197 MCX that needs a zero off upgrade, and I have heard through the grapevine that Doug Moss has the expertise in this area. Late to the conversation there, but hoping that someone can PM me his contact info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.