What is your current take on ventrals - Poll Version 2

SkiJay

• Baller

Yes ... :p This time, I was trying to change the order of a couple options and hit enter before I had a chance to include the options:

- I've tried a ventral in the past but I am still undecided

- I am curious but haven't yet taken the plunge

and @auskier raised another valid option:

- I don't feel any need to have a ventral

Note to self: Setting up a poll is a lot like a tournament set, you only get one crack at it, no do-overs. Sigh .....

• Baller
Same fin settings, but the fwd ventral helped to keep the tip down off the apex...This also helped to carry more speed through the turn..A big plus for me was that the ski was much more stable, and by having a fwd mini ventral at zero degrees, plus the large ventral at the stock rear spot set at 6 degrees, you have less drag....The ski becomes more efficient...It is like removeing the stock wing performance wise, but still keeping the stability a wing gives you.

I run a forward ventral on my Sans Rival SR2, with the carbon fin and rear wing. Very happy with the performance. It made the ski less squirrelly, yet is still fast and quick to edge change. Also I've never had a tail blowout since adding a ventral.

• Baller_

Use a forward ventral and it acts very much as Ed J describes. I also find it to smooth out that tip rise, hitch and go feeling or as Ed indicates, carry more speed at the end of the turn.

Pretty much a personal preference tuning tool for one's ski.