Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Boot's - S2 & Co-X

Phil2360

Looking to upgrade to either a new S2 or Superlight X &

wondering about Boot options.

Been in Animal Boots for the last 10 Years & wondering

what opinions are of Current Animals vs Attack & Apex.

Haven't had an Injury to date with the Animal & Rear Kicker,

so wondering if I should stick with that combination which I've

been happy with for what we do,

or move to either of the others currently being offered.

Comparatively, what are the Apex & Attack boots like to come

out of in comparison to the Animal I'm used to?

Thanks

• Baller

I was in the same spot last year, 10 or so years on animals and ended up in Radar Vectors on my Co-X. I looked at the attack boots and did some dry fitting on land. They were certainly more comfortable than animals but not as comfortable as the vectors. I also had a little more "play" in the attack boots where my foot would move before tipping the binding up on its edge. I also didn't like the lower cuff height on the attack.

The apex look interesting though.

Regarding release I have not had an issue with the vectors but adjustment makes a difference. You cant just crank the laces down like on the animals.

• Baller
If you like your ankles, as you say, then you should have gone away from Animals a long time ago. I finally did several years ago after suffering a high-ankle sprain from having too-tight Animals that didn't release quick enough. I went to Radar RS-1's (an older version of the Stradas) and haven't looked back. They are comfortable (heat molded to my feet) and they release when they need to....I don't crank down the laces at all. You really don't need the binding to be tight on your ankle for it to be effective.

• Baller

I was in a pair of Radar Rail boots for 1 season (when they came out; preadasessor to the Vector). I thought "I'm on a 15off skier, why do I need the more expensive RS1s?" WRONG. I got lucky as I only had 3 or 4 mild sprains from the rails... The biggest problem with the rails, vectors, or any other boot like that is their wide size range. They will fit 1 foot perfectly and a anyone else is either too snug or too loose. I'm an 8.5-9 and the standard rails are 7-11. I would come 1/2 out of them in any kind of fall. brutal.

went to RS1s the next year and have never so much as tweaked my ankles in them. they fit perfect with superfeet in them, and I've blown out of both boots (liners still on) in a horendous OTF crash this season & was able to finish my set with no injuries. I'm completely sold on the RS1/Strada boots and any boot like that which employs a removable liner. no removable liner and no way I'm putting my foot in them. Hardshell releasable system is the only other system I'd look at from now on.

sorry to intrude on this thread just got an 012 ho triumpth ski it has basis boots on it how safe are they for ancles etc.have wileys boots on my old ski have crash tested them heaps release spot on am a bit concerned about these new boots they have shoe laces ?have not crash tested them yet and don t want any injerys ps am not a very good skier just want to have some safe fun on the lake

• Baller

@phil2360, are you wanting to stay loyal to HO? All three of the boots you are mentioning are HO. If It is, I would go with the Apex if you are planning on skiing the course. The animal scares me. Seen several friends ankles and knees get destroyed-probably because they cinched the boots down and didn't have a proper release mechanism in place. The attack seems similar to the Animal.

I am going to second what has been mentioned above. The Strada boots rock! It is a weird feeling at first to put them on without putting a full tension on the laces, because you think you are going to come out of them, but to the contrary, with the way the boots form to your feet, I feel every bit secure with them, and they feel perfect. I, am on the older ones, and have the new ones coming in, so for me, they are the way to go. Hope that helps