Diablo Web Cast & BallOfScores

Horton

• Administrators

The web cast will be Saturday and Sunday. There should also be BallOfScores.

I think you will be able to watch from the BallOfSpray front page.

Goode ★ KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

I really like Webcast-tv.com. However, Flash-based video streaming is dying. The latest Android OS no longer supports Flash. Apple flat out blocks it. Thus, all current Android tablets and all iPads can't watch this event. Further, waterski webcasts are always on weekends, and waterskiing fans are basically active people who don't sit still all day at computers on the weekends. Over 85% of mobile devices sold globally are Internet browsing capable. In Europe and North America, Apple iOS & Android represent nearly 83% of the mobile devices in use. (iOS alone is about 46%.)

For streaming sports events, the hosting platform must be able to be watched on both Android and Apple iOS. Anyone in the web casting business must aggressively adapt to a viable platform if they truly value viewership.

• Baller_
Will post this here as well:: Freddy K as color commentary for slalom is fantastic. He and Tadd make a great team. He knows a ton about these guys. Very impressed and hope he does this more often. Someone needs to put him in that same chair tomorrow. Seriously!!

• Baller

I already have that provision on my webcasts. At the recent Pan-Am's, people were actually watching on their iPhones and iPads at the same time as the live action on site!

I stream in H.264 and Flash simultaneously, and I can also publish to a Silverlight stream if necessary. I intend to do the same for the next three events coming up, which are:

NCWSA Nationals > 18-20 October from TriLakes, Zachary

World +35 Championships > 24-28 October from Boca Laguna, Chapala, MEX

Americas' Challenge Pro Night jump > 17 November from Lago Los Morros, Santiago, CHL

Hope you will be watching at http://www.waterskibroadcasting.com

Tony

• Baller

Results of 1st 2 rounds for OM & OW are on Diablo Website

http://www.diabloshores.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Open-Men-2-round.pdf

http://www.diabloshores.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Diablo-Shores-Open-Women-2nd-round1.pdf

I understand the top 8 OM & OW will ski head to head today. What about MM and or the Legends? Will they ski head to head or are they done?

I heard the Legends were at 35 mph. Curious if that is a pure 35 mph or if it is 56kph=34.8 mph or 57 kph=35.4 mph.

• Baller_
Watched Gator football yesterday on the big screen, Diablo on the computer screen and tourny twitter feeds on the phone screen. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with that!! But it was fun. Gators won. Watched finals on just the big screen today. Got a ski set in both evenings. Again, way to go Tadd and Feddy. I know more now about these skiers then I ever have. The detailed technical aspects to the commentary was great to hear. Hopefully we wont lose them to ESPN.

• Baller
@Brent "eye & communication skills" - Love it! I've gotten some "coaching" from great skiers who had ZERO eye-communication skills. LOL! Great skiers = been there done that, but can they diagnose and improve a student's skiing? Some can, but not all. I'd rather have coaching by an expert in eye-comm skills who is just a pass or two ahead of me than a pro who skis awesome, but has difficulty seeing the necessary tweaks and putting them into meaningful words. If you get a coach who has this eye-comm skill, and has the performance, too; then pay attention to that person!

• Baller_
I'm sure he's great at slalom. He seemed very humble about it though. A testament to charactor. What surprised me was his deep knowledge of the skiers and the smallest of differences in technique during their passes. Even if you didn't understand what he was talking about, (maybe a newby) he made ya wanna look for it the very next pass. He did mentions he's not much a a fin setting guy, but betting that's just more humble speak.