Manon Costard - pending NCWSA Women's Record - 2.5 @39

ToddL

• Baller

Just saw a post from Scot Ellis on FB about this.

Manon Costard - new NCWSA Women's Record - 2.5 @39

e5cdd00d735140ba3557beee51e595.jpg

That's a MC (Monte Carlo) ski.

Prior record is by Regina (no surprise) with 2 @39 back in 2003.

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/collegiate/NCWSARecords.htm

No video of the actual record ride, but I found this...

Maybe news will later be posted here...

http://www.fscmocs.com/sport.asp?sportID=28

• Administrators

She has been on fire this year. Second at Soaked and I think she did really good at the Malibu. (someone will check this for me I am sure)

I have only met her once and spoken to her in passing but she seems like a very nice young woman.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Not to mention how dopey this makes all of us grown men look. Was reading in WS about the 14 y.o. Chet is coaching who ran 5 @ 38...ties my tourney best. Hoping to up that soon, but I'm sure by the time this young girl is 15 she will be schooling me.

• Baller
@jdarwin well as you know ULM is one of, if not the, top ski schools in the nation. I am planning on going somewhere else like 1) Alabama or Cinncinati. Alabama I am very good friends with the coach and my friends are all going there. Cinncinati I would would be the best one on the team and as the team captian told me "one of the best in the region" so I think that would be kinda fun!

• Baller
There is HUGE range of scores in college. The top four or five schools can post scores with five skiers into short line lengths. After that it drops. FSC will be tough this year. They added a top 22 year old three event skier plus KC Wilson has put the trick and jumpers back on. They look to have depth. Looks like bama may be headed in a downward direction. ULM & ULL will be tough as always. Not sure what Rollins will have, they added a elite women tricker and short line slalom. One of ASU top male gun is hurt and out for season. They also lost top female from last year due to graduation but did add a male and female slalom stud. Miss Greenwood when she gets 100% plus Dylan next year will help ULL. Haw going to ULM will add ANOTHER elite 3 event skier to ULM and Kolmann may give them the best 1,2 trick tandem in the country. Should be a FUN year.

• Baller
@livetoski Sounds like you can be a big fish in a little pond, or a little fish in a big pond. Keep in mind that the most important part of your collage life, will be your education. Make your school selection based on what fits your future job goals. NOT what team you want to ski on. Make sure to research your selection. Some schools have a history of telling you one thing, and things turn out VERY different in the end. Right now to ski "A" team at bama, it will take a slalom score into -35, jump over 110 or trick at least 1500 in a single pass. Good luck and I hope you make a choice that works for your future plans.

@ilivetoski You would be the top slalom skier at Cincinnati for sure as they do not currently have anyone consistently skiing 22 off shortline.

Top score of the past midwest weekend was .5 at 38off

Getting into 32off will place you in the top 10 in the midwest.

Getting into 32 off in the eastern or south central will get you top 20 currently

Last year skiing into 32off nationally would put you in the top 60.

• Baller
@ilivetoski you should consider a Texas school. Weather's really nice. I ski at the same private lake as University of Texas. They have a newer mastercraft, they're out there using it fairly often. A&M and Texas state both ski on private lakes as well. Scholasticly UT and A&M are among the best in the country, Texas State is pretty good as well. I'm pretty sure you could start on those teams. I skied on UTs team, we got 5th one year at nationals - like to see them get back to that level again.