Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Anyone seen this boat drivers aid? Looks like a good idea.

Horton

• Baller

They look pretty good!

But I can see the day when there will be a fully automatic boat guiding system that makes the small steering adjustments from just outside the pre-gates, through the course, and the exit with the same kind of easy override that the current speed controls have. I'm confident someone is already working on this. But in the meantime, I think these guides would be helpful to most drivers and skiers.

• Baller
I noticed the Carbon Pro boat has something similar and I honestly don't see how it helps. I understand the concept but it just seems that by the time you can use those guides to check your position, it's already too late to make any adjustments or worse...you make an abrupt movement of the boat at the last second. Maybe I'm wrong here.

• Baller_
I think, like they said, it's a guide for more of what you did as your driving. Its a gauge to adjust what may have gone wrong in a pass and then correct in the next pass. . If I drive a shoreline skier, as discussed in another thread, I cannot be aiming for boat guides with these sights. But it will tell me if I'm holding a good path while I'm countering / blocking the skier etc..... We received these at Nats in the goody bag. Literally thought they were just sunglasses holders. I may try them and see if those that drive for me notice anything with their path good or bad.

• Baller
When I line up the boat guides using the bow cushion as a reference, I tend to focus on the boat guide just in front of me as opposed to looking down the lake. I have to confess that it's difficult for me to steer away from the skier, block, pressure, and steer away again while maintaining a boat path without checking the most immediate boat guides. Are any of you more experienced drivers guilty of this as well? For my current level of driving, I would love these site aids, but I don't want to reinforce a habit if it's a bad one.

• Baller
I would think it best to regard these as more of a peripheral vision "confirmation" tool than a "sighting" tool. I drive best with my primary focus all the way down the course, and not as well of I'm checking the rearview mirror or the right front gunnel for alignment.

• Baller
@GaryWilkinson At that point might as well ski the boat. Fuel costs enough that designing a track that would be a few feet below the surface, and have a streamlined torpedo with pylon that rolls on the track, then pull it back and forth with a two tower cable park. Skip the driver in the equation, and have 100% straight pulls at constant set speed. And if you wanted you could hang "wake enhancers" off the torpedo if you wanted to have a wake for some purpose (trick perhaps)