Watsonville CA Lakes

rodltg2

• Baller
On another board someone posted a question about lakes near Santa Cruz. Someone posted there was a private lake in Watsonville. I google earthed it and found what looks like a few lakes in the area that would work for ski lakes. Out of curiosity, anyone ski on those?There is Kelly Lake, Lake Tynan , Drew lake and a few others.

• Baller
Hey Rod. I know there used to be someone with a course on a lake down there, but haven't heard the status in years. You know who might know is John Crivello in the Santa Clara Co. WSC. Don't think he is on BOS, but I'll see him at a tournament soon and ask him.

• Baller
If you look on Goggle Earth at the 10/01/2009/, 5/2/2011 data you will see a slalom course in Kelly lake. The course runs SW to NE just off the center of the lake. Its also pretty clear on the 11/01/2011 data. It's about 43 meters off of the bigger peninsula on the NE side of the lake.

• Baller
wonder if you have to be homeowner or if there is a club? Lots o' homeowners along Cutler Drive and it looks like its a multi-use lake. Plus onshore afternoon wind is pretty consistent there so it would definitely be a morning-only site for skiing. I surf near there and it blows regularly in the afternoon.