Goals for the future.

ToddF

I started thinking about what I want to get out of skiing, and being ultra competitive (like a lot of us) I have set my personal ski goal pretty high.

In 2002 I first skied the course and ran 15 off at 28mph once that summer and got hooked.

This year I have gotten around the 3 ball twice at 38 off at 34 mph.

I am 46 now and by the time I reach 50(my mind is still 30) I want to have run a full pass at 39 off @ 34.

Technically I suck so that keeps me thinking I can do it.

I figure by putting it out there I will push my self a little harder and open myself up to whatever.(all motivation)

So if you have goals; radical or not. Let's hear them maybe a revisit in three or fours years will make for some great stories.

Thanks Horton for putting out such a great ski forum.

So far this site has been an invaluable tool.

Todd

@skier2788 that was my exact goal last season and I accomplished it. Got my OM and skied Katy Ski Jam. It was awesome. But trust me you won't be able to "die a happy man" there is always more buoys! My goal is to get a piece of 41 before I turn 35 (currently 29) and have to go 34mph. Tournament best 3@39... Practice best 4@39.

• Baller
@klundell I was at katy and skied on the other lake and watched you ski. I am pretty jealous of the green bib. You skied well against them pros. This year my best practice round was ran 35@36 (perfect pass actual was 16.18 so slow) dropped to 34 and ran 38. Drought killed the season beginning of august. Trying to be like you this winter and drop 15 lbs. Im 6 foot 2 inches and 210. ZO and i dont agree yet but hope to soon. Im 24 so hoping i still have some good years left.

• Baller

Continued incremental progress. The last two years have been gains for me. Last year ran a lot of 35's, but even when successful a bunch of times in a row all of them could have gone sour and were pretty intense. Tail end of last year and this year 35 is the new 32. I go into it relaxed and have run 100's of 'em. Ran one or two 38's successfully in years prior in practice, this year 10 passes and way more of 'em deep to around 5 ball.

I'm sure once a goal reached I will want more, but if I could get to running 38 at 50% in practice such that at most 3 round tourneys in decent conditions I get out of the pass...I'd be pretty happy. I'm a confident guy in many arenas but a realist also; based on lots of factors (commitment/opportunity/time on water) I probably don't have a legit chance of running 39...though I've seen two practice PB's this year of 2 and 3 @39.

If I get to running 38 most of the time, I'd be happy to re-evaluate and go for more.

• Baller

@skidawg -- I hear ya on the beer! Will be downing a few of those at Skiwatch in a couple weeks!

Like everybody else I'm just trying to keep moving the score up. In the last few years I've gotten to nearly 100% at 35 off and have run a bunch of practice 38s and have run it 5 times in tournaments now. This year is different at 38 in that I finally feel like I have enough time to start figuring it out instead of just screaming through the course. Too bad it's September! Anyway, I've run one 39 in practice. Near-term goal is consistency running 38. Over the next 3 years to run 39 in tournament. I'm 49 now but that doesn't seem that old anymore. Please body -- hold up for another 10 or 15 years!