Whats the best part of getting a new ski??????

SDNAH2OSKIER

• Baller

@markchilcutt I recommend against that with the Nano One. Immediately after unwrapping, it has a serious stench. Maybe taste it after skiing on it once!? :-)

As for me, I don't much like getting a new ski. The only good part is the "potential" -- the possibility of picking up buoys. But even that is kind of annoying, because I'm wondering if I'm doing everything I should to achieve that potential with the ideal setup.

Once I get it dialed in and it turns out to work better than my old one, as is happening right now, then I really like HAVING a new ski. But the "getting" is not really the good part for me.

When the brown or white truck shows up is a pretty sweet feeling, but I've got to say once you get it dialed is even a better feeling. I still suck at skiing, but finally started feeling stronger on the water with my new Vice. Just upped my PB from 6 at 32 mph to 5 at 34 mph (it was also the morning before I got married!)

• Baller
I'm with "6balls"- it's the misplaced optimism... In fact, I was on a borrowed ski for a brief period this season and I still got that optimism without the $1-2k of guilt. When I got my primary ski sorted out, I got that optimism again and it is sticking around this time!

So I got it, let my cat jump around on the boxes for a little bit, then opened the boxes. I scanned the deck and the bottom of the ski under a light, nary a mark on it, but does look like its been on the rack for a year, its a 2012 model afterall, but it is really cool looking, thought the throwback wood (hook) graphic was not that cool in the pics, but in hand it looks good, you cant see the carbon weave very well in the pics and it looks VERY cool. Talon boots smell like Made in China, boo, but the fit and finish is great (as is the ski) and they are easy to get in and out of and feel like they will be comfy. VERY excited, I buy and sell cars and am getting not one but two Harley's this week and WAY more excited about this ski!!!