2013 Carbon Pro promo pre-buy?

Than_Bogan

• Baller

I'm kinda hoping to strike up a deal where I agree to buy a 2013 Carbon Pro at the end of next year. I don't have the desire to put in the time to be a promo guy myself, and I'm also feeling a little too poor to buy a new one right now.

But I do kinda like picking my own colors and features, so this kind of a promo pre-buy might offer the best of both worlds.

Kind of a long-shot, but let me know if interested.

I am in Massachusetts for what that is worth.

Feel free to email me directly: nathaniel UNDERSCORE bogan AT alum DOT mit DOT edu.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan There is/was a Centurion Promo Team member in Rochester, NH. You might contact him about pre-ordering a 2013 if he hasn't already placed his order. Or he might know of another promo member in the NE.

Name: Robert P McGraw

Email: robertpmcgraw@yahoo.com

Contact Number: 973-723-6212

City: Rochester

State: NH

• Baller
@Than_Bogan it does not cost very much to ship a boat.. Don't limit yourself on potential promo guys. They all will jump at the chance to do a pre order with a deposit so they can enjoy their season rather than trying to sell their boat. I know Corey Humburg is somewhat close to you and is a Carbon Pro skier. Have you talked to him?

• Baller

@ShaneH Thanks! I know Bob, but didn't have the impression he was getting a 2013. I think he still has his 2011 promo, actually. But I'll check with him.

@MattP Thanks! I don't know Corey Humburg although the name seems really familiar. Do you have any contact info? Wait, is he the Corey of Peace, Love, and Waterskiing fame?

All: I'm just beginning this process and am fairly clueless. In the past I've bought new boats, but those are really getting outside my price range these days. And I've always been a Nautique guy, but the 200 can't fit through the mousehole tunnel on my home lake, so that isn't a consideration.

I have two young kids and prefer the lowest wake for them. And finally I like the Spartan philosophy of the Carbon Pro: Just enough machine to do the job well, and no fluff.

Not plausible it is a great idea. If you were buying a new promo boat knowing full well that you were going to sell it at end of season, having a buyer pre arranged would be the very best thing you could hope for and allowing the buyer to select the color and equipment is a no brainer. BUT BUT BUT.... that said, I would have to know you personally or have some kind of gaurantee that you would in fact buy it and I wouldn't let you pick brown and orange. : )

I am NOT buying a new boat though, I have way too much fun buying used stuff. : )

It is again a great idea and I would think you could find someone who would work with you.

Corey had his yellow Carbon Pro at Soaked this past weekend. I really like the bare bones slalom tug idea too! I studied the boat pretty well @ Soaked, and it seems like a very well thought out boat, and I give Centurion a lot of credit. Wakes looked great at the slower speeds of the Soaked event too.

Financially, and I am really hardcore about vehicle purchases, this is in my opinion the most logical and financially prudent way to aquire a "certified pre-owned" boat and hope you can find someone who will cooperate and let you pic color/options. If it were something I was considering, it is exactly what I would try to do.

• Baller
Great idea pre-buying a promo. Full warranty, and you save some bucks. It's a bummer that you have to wait a while for it however. I'd also want to have some insight on the promo member. I'll never forget the video of that new 200 promo being used as an ice breaker, then seeing the same boat on SIA. I'm sure the hull can take it, but no thanks!

• Baller
This is easy for me, really. I treat boats as machines, not decorations. Cosmetically speaking, I doubt there's a promo boat owner in the world who does a worse job of caring for his/her boat than I do. (I'm serious about engine maintenance and the like, though. Thing's gotta run!!)

• Baller
This thread got me thinking. Maybe here or on SIA, there should be a pre-buy section, in addition to the promo category. It would really help those who may not know who to contact for a given brand. I know I wouldn't know who to talk to if I wanted a TXI for example.

Don't think you can look it up. I have a list of the Nautique promo guys and can help. @swc5150, you are pre-buying my '13, right? ;-)

Dealers are not fond of us advertising pre-buy's. I used to talk about it on PN, but called out for it. Of course, my '11 and '12 were pre-buys, I just didn't advertise! ;-)

• Baller

When the economy tanked dealers basically started competing against the promo guys by offering the same (or nearly same) price on boats that were in the showroom.

Dealers don't want promo guys to pre-sell their boat b/c it means the one on their showroom floor has less of a chance to sell.

They know promo guys have a wider audience through tournaments and online advertising that the dealers themselves are not able to take advantage.

So if a promo guy pre-sells to someone locally, in the dealers mind, they have very little chance of selling the same model to someone in the same area.