Trying to find my next ski

sled491

OK, New hear but some of you may know me from other forums.

I currently ski an Obrien Sixam 2 point. Good ski but kind of slow. I also have an HO S1(no opinion on this ski one way or the other).

Right now I can get a great deal on a Goode 9800SL or an Obrien Elite, both same price. On the Goode I'm thinking I would use there universal plate so I can keep my current bindings.

I'm a 34 mph skier, typically ski 32 off, PB in course is 6 @ 32mph @ 22 off. I'm certain I can do much better, but just don't get into the course much.

I can get wither ski for 700.00 new.

Not forgiving, in what way? All though that is the general concensus of all obrien skiis of late.

S1 and sixam do not ski the same. Sixam typical carve the turn low in the water, S1 higher skidded turn type ski.

• Baller
@sled491 I would not touch the Elite. Did not take people (or obrien) very long to realize that was not a very good ski and for $2000. Personally I do not like the GOODE, but if you can demo it and like it is a great ski (never thought I would say those words). DO NOT DRILL IT

• Baller_
Been on both. Neither is overly stable or forgiving IMHO. Requires being still on the ski. For $700 u can get a great 1 or 2 yr old ski. Lots of choices on ski-it- again in that price range even a Goode Mid ride, Strada, or a D3 of some kind. Thought I read on here that the 2point is a great ski.

Is it me or..... When I was kid, it was so flippin easy to demo a ski, we would take a "new" demo out every weekend for the first month of summer than buy the one we liked best. I know my local shop will give you 100% credit for anything you buy from them and told me I could ski every stick in their shop if that is what it took to find the one I liked. If you have access and are going to shell out 5-6-700-2000 on a ski, I think its worth it.

All of the above advice is great and definitely a couple of skis worth taking a ride on. : )

• Baller

@SkiJay ...so done with the Elite, I love it when I ski sound but it beats me up when I'm off...went to a 67" fusion, doesn't have the massive excelleration of the Elite but creates extremely good angle and builds towards the wake, it's speed is decieving, so predictable, consistent turns both sides, stable, I haven't been this stoked about a ski in quite a while!!!

P.S. don't tell Coach about it though : ) I like the looks on his face when I show up with something different to ski on...

Hmmm, all very interesting. I am starting to think either D3 sponsors this site or it is one heck of a ski. I'm going to pass my S1 around to my buddies for feedback before I give up on it, and yes the 2 point is a good ski, just seems slow and I know this is a set up issue, but doesn't want to come around on the off side like I think it should.

As for demoing skiis around here good luck :(

My problem with a used Goode ski is that I am right foot forward and they are almost impossible to find.

Not to muddy the waters but what about a Goode Fire Mid Ride?