Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Wetsuit vest?

buski

Anybody routinely use a wetsuit vest? I've got pretty much no fat and have been known to shiver in the water even on a warm sunny day in pretty warm water. Certainly too warm to break out a full top. Just wondering if the wetsuit vests alone help keep the core temp up enough, or if they're really not big enough to help beyond minimizing the shock of jumping in.

• Baller
@buski, I ski a shorty full time right thru summer. On a hot day I start getting pretty toasty getting the gear on, but once in the water no big deal. I like no arm chafing, no adjusting my trunks on short set up, and staying warm. Some give me a hard time, particularly when I break out the drysuit, but often they are the one's cold and I'm comfy.

• Baller

When I can ski, once I ditch the wetsuit I wear a neoprene rash guard almost every time. Only exception would be those 90 degree days when a guy can actually ski in the afternoon (public lake).

I don't know that the top helps keep me any warmer in the water, but it sure helps once I'm out of the water.