MC vs SN 200

T8skier

Looking to purchase 2011/12 boat. What I like about the MC is the look and price. What I don't like is the wake at the longer line is not as friendly, making for a harder sell later.

What I like about the SN 200 is the wake. That's it. I don't like the price, rpm's or gas burn.

Thoughs from those that are not loyal to any boat company?

If anyone is going thru hard times and need to dump there 11 or 12 boat let me know. I sold my boat and need a replacement before spring.

• Baller

I set a tournament PB behind a 197 this year. I started at 30mph-15 off and got 1.5@28 off. That was after skiing the first round behind a 200. I don't notice much of a difference and I only weigh 130lbs.

I honestly don't prefer any of the big four over the other. They all ski sweet compared to the old ski squirrel (sea swirl) I did, however, set a new PB yesterday behind a TXi - 3@28 off.

• Baller

Drove all three in a tourney today. 200 and taxi steered the best. MC pulled to hard to the right. There were PB's behind all the boats today. My PB is behind MC.

If I could choose driver or boat in a tourney, I would pick the driver and have no choice of the boat.

• Baller

If I were simply looking for a tractor, the Carbon Pro is hard to beat. If you need something more accomodating, MB, MC and SN all build quality products. When purchasing a boat, don't focus on what it costs to buy- focus on what is costs to own for "x" period of time. If you buy a boat for $40k and it depreciates 20k over 5 years vs. a boat that costs $50k and depreciates $15k over the same period of time, you're better off w/ the $50k boat. There is negative cap rate return on any boat you purchase. Don't be too focused on the sales price - look at what that brand's historical depreciation has been and factor that into the cost of ownership.

FWIW, if I were buying a boat today, I would seriously consider MAD11's Malibu TXI or Mike Dunlap's Carbon Pro. Great boats at great prices.

• Baller_

We bought a 08 196 for 32k, ran it for 3 years and 500 hours. Just sold it for 29,500.

Back in 08, I couldn't sell my promo196 and Shane stole it from me. 5 years later I posted an 08 196 and it sold in 1 day. I guess the only thing I like about the expensive price tag on the 200 is it keep the 196s value up. We just bought an 09 so I hope to have the same success in a few years.