35 off up for criticism

Razorskier1

• Baller

OK, this is a 35 off. Despite the obvious bobbles, it felt easy (usually does) and I never worried about missing the pass. That said, I am posting this in response to some things @Rich said in the Tip Up thread about the onside hook turn. Anything else anyone sees that is an obvious place for improvement (shoulders and head level, etc), let me know. Thanks ballers!

Very nice skiing!! . Your onside to offside looks awesome.

It looks to me like you are pulling a ski or so too long on the other side 3 to 4. So you have to make the edge change under you instead of out in front. Maybe a little more countered at the three ball will give you a bit more angle so you don't feel like you have to pull as long before you edge change.

Now with that said I just started running my 35's more consistenly, and that is what I have been working on, and it started working well for me.

I think it becomes way more apparent at 38 with the slack line at 4 ball or not getting to it at all.

Caveat: This is a completely unqualified viewpoint.

Todd

• Baller
@OB -- thanks buddy! I watched Harald H on the Tip Raise thread this morning, then went out and ran 1.5 at 39. He does an incredible job of easing in and out of his lean without ever getting unloaded by the boat. I tried my best to do that today at all lines and it felt awesome. Dang water is starting to get cold up here!

• Baller
@ToddF -- thanks for the thoughts! I hear what you are saying about the edge change -- a persistent problem. That's a pass that I run nearly 100% of the time, but I get away with a lot because I'm strong. Some days I run it super light and clean, other times I just power my way through mistakes. Trying to get to the point where I don't use my power to run passes anymore, but it is a hard habit to break. I was never really a finesse guy!