Soaked Preview

Horton

• Administrators

It turns out that Soaked is a real live old school pro event. This event is about the skiers being seen by the paying public as professionals athletes.

I have not skied yet but the conditions look rather challenging. Unless the magic backwash fairy flies down in the middle of the night and turns this public park into a backyard site, I do not think we will see much 41 or any 43 off but we expect thousands of spectators to see the pros (and me) in action. I am pretty sure this is a really good thing for the sport.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

They did not "give" it to Nate. He was higher seed. TGas needed to beat him.

They tried let the skiers get a tie break but Nate & TGas were deadlocked so the higher seed won.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_

So, Soaked made the local TV news this morning here in Orlando according to my wife. Good for the sport. News casters were told it was a success. Very good for the sport. And they were told it will most likely be back next year. Awesome for the sport. With that said for the large number of non-skiers that were there I'd suggest a better PA system for those outside the fenced off area, or make the fenced in area larger. The best seat in the house for jump was outside the fenced area. I know this cause for a while I sat next to Bill Doster as he shot photos. Do announcing in line length totals and not line "off". Place distance numbers on floating markers of some sort at 150' and 200' for the crowd to gauge distance of a jump. Outside the fence all I did most of the day was answer questions. Loved teaching others about our sport but they really did not understand what was going on especially in slolam but even with jump. Great event, can't immagine it not growing expanetially. I'd toss out the ideas of gourmet food trucks (very popular in big cites these days and pretty sure there's a local tour of them) or just more restaurants. If you feed them, they will come. There was very very limited food choices and with kids that's kinda tough along with an all day event almost impossible. I do get there are local restaurants in walking distance but more convenient on site. More beer choices (ok bias...not a fan of Dos Equis). Add Portable Rock wall and a Bungie Jump. Maybe a bit later in the season so it's not as hot. Oct/Nov is great down here.

The side by side ( 2 boats ) trick competition was very cool. All out do any trick you like. Never seen so many flips.....ever.