What can you guys tell me about this boat?

itch2ski

• Baller
Yes you are correct about Mike Brendel. I had a 2000 mb and it's was rock solid. Dont know if the 1996 had wood in it or not. I know it's been rumored that Mike splashed the 85MC fir the first ski brendella. That 96 looks alot like a 93 mc. Seems like a good price .

• Baller

MC's went wood free around '86, good for longevity, although many will tell you they prefer the wood stringer boats because it took mfg's awhile to get some "play" into the composite stringers.

If the floor doesn't have soft spots, and the hardware holding the engine in is tight, you probably have a pretty rot free boat. But you can always play around with an awl in wood floor boats and look for rot.

• Baller
@itch2ski -- Our team boat at Chico State (96-99) were MB's. The wake is good but 22' is a bit stiff but not big. Overall, it's a good wake from 15' on into shortline lengths. I still own a 2000MB-190 and it's been a great boat without any issues and I think the wake competes with today's upper echelon boats. The main difference being the softness when compared to a SN or Centurion. I would say it's very similar to today's MC at 15' and 22' 34mph.