ReCap Nano One Fin Settings, Please, Lost My Way

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Random fact: I'm not sure if my bindings are at factory or are slightly back.

According to my tape measure, I'm almost an 1/8" back from the (recently changed) factory setting of 28 3/4". But if I look at where the screws are, the middle screw of the binding is exactly lined up with the insert on the ski.

I'm using Dual-Lock mounting, so not actually using the screws, but if I were using the screws, then this is exactly where my boot would have to be, since the hole increments are 1/4" and I'm quite sure that would be too far of a move.

So this makes me think I sorta am at factory, and it's just that my T-factor bindings measure out a little differently than the ones Goode used for determining the factory measurement.

As far as the fin, I never touched it on either my original N1 (may it rest in peace) or my new one. They didn't even measure out exactly the same, with typically difference of about 0.006". But I can't feel any important difference in the ski's behavior. Combined with trying 7, 8, and 9 degrees and barely being able to tell any difference, I'd say it's not super-sensitive to fin and wing changes, at least within some range of factory. And at least for my skiing style.

• Baller
K, we go with factory, but DFT is a worry with goode slot calipers, if you hold the caliper tip onto the ski when putting it to zero and then move the jaw back to drop over the tail for measurement, because of the diagonal to start with, you have added approx .003" to the measurement, is this the correct way to get factory DFTon Nano One, this means if you have to use a normal caliper at some time you would have to deduct .003 from the measurement, would this be correct ?