Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

FIn suggestions on 67 prophecy

Ilivetoski

• Baller

Do you have actual measurements? All the way forward doesn't tell us much. What speed and line lengths?

I ride a 2012 68" Prophecy. I am 1/8" forward of stock on the front binding with 6.835, 2.497, .765, wing at 7 degrees.

If you are skiing 34 mph, even with the ski being 1" longer than what you need; I would recommend starting at stock with the F.B., a little more length maybe 6.850, less depth 2.495, .770 and wing at 7 degrees

• Baller
@AB No way I am putting it in a Goode. When I get to the other side of the lake I like my ski to be in one piece. I have a 2012 strada lined up to buy for $650 when the guy is ready to sell so till I get it in about december I am on the prophecy. S2... I am 36 not 34 and D3 is good but I have too good a deal lined up with that Strada.

• Baller
@ShaneH @AB keep in mind this ski is way to big for me so I need to compensate some. I am 130-135 5'8 and Connelly has me on a 65-66 and this is a 67. I know that the larger the ski, more speed but worse turns so in theory I would add about 1 degree wing and cant decide weather to use a deep fin or a shallow fin, which would help compensate for a longer ski.

• Baller
I don't think I'd change the depth from stock for what you're wanting. Unless you felt like the ski was sliding or you were getting it rolled over too easy. Deeper will slide less, hold more angle, but roll over slower. Shorter will have more tail slide, roll out from under you easier, but at the expense of angle off the second wake. You really have to balance the depth with the length.

• Baller

I could go along with a lighter skier on a bigger ski running it a little deeper with more wing. If you can't hold the edge when it rolls up, you are probably too deep. Realize, a deeper fin is harder to turn and can cause tip rise from too much pressure.

In general, I would think you would want it a little shallower and forward so it is more responsive..

• Baller

@Ilivetoski, I suggest trying JB's settings just to see what it feels like; but, most of the skiers riding this ski (this website included) have had better luck closer to stock. I tried the more radical fin settings that JB posted and I can see where they would work for someone of a higher skill level than me; but, the results were very inconsistant. The ski will be very "loose" feeling and require much more precise skier input. By precise I mean the right kind of input at the exact right time.

@Horton may comment as well; but, he was pretty much at stock in his review of the ski.

Here is the thread that was mentioned above with JB's input:

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/75963