New tricker needs to know what to learn next

JTW

• Baller_

All of the above. Since it takes a lot of time to put on or take off the toe harness, you want to work toward a full toe pass. A good starter is TB TF TS RTS TWB TWF LB LF WLB WLF

For handles, you need to learn the reverse back wrap. This trick can be difficult if you don't have good flexibility and balance, but it makes WBBs really fast and you can replace your surface Os with OBs (same points, but much faster). Next is WO and W5F.

Don't forget to spend some time just riding your ski, jumping wakes, and running the slalom course on the trick ski.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

The WBB, LB/LF and WLB/WLF are good choices. I'd also recommend BB, R since they are significantly faster than O, R. Since they are listed in under the same trick number you can do either O/R or BB/R but not both. Also start working on WO, R and reverse TB/TF. All there are good foundation tricks that you can build from.

Great progress! Keep it up!!!

• Baller
Think I'd work on the hand tricks that do not require a handle pass - BB R (faster then O R) WBB R LB LF WLF WLB wrapped WO R probably in that order. Toes I'd work on TWB TWF TO TSS R probably in that order -- long term the foundational trick is RTB.

• Baller

Joel McClintock wrote a book called The Complete Instructional book of Water Skiing. It teaches slalom, tricks and jumping. It is out of print. It is a great book if you can find it. Ben Favret also wrote a book, but not sure if it has tricks in it.

• Baller

I think I'm saying more like: "assembling your first run"

For those folks like me who don't ski with people who trick ski, and want to learn.

A video of @JTW's run, with commentary, or breakdown on how to put it together.

Maybe more of a trick caller's perspective on a run, than a trick skiers perspective?

I want to purchase a surf board but I don't understand which is best. I'm new in this sports. My friend told me about fiber glass so what difference between 6'4' and 6'9'? Any suggestion would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Wings Hinterland Retreat

31 Red Oak Drive Tallai QLD 4213 Australia

Phone : +61 407 037 811

http://www.wingshinterlandretreat.com/

Massive Luxury Holiday Home for 21 persons. Perfect for Family Holidays or corporate getaways.