HO & D3 binding patterns

estrom

• Baller
I was told by a PNW area rep that the new rear D3 plate they are selling fits the HO pattern, the store just confirmed. I am ordering one along with some other parts so I can check out a 67 (with HO pattern) to replace my 68 RCX. Apparently on the front, you might need to file out a couple holes but it will work.

• Baller

@sunvalleylaw how do you like your rcx? Is the 67 you're looking at also an rcx?

Next question, does size make a difference in hole pattern? e.g. is the hole pattern the same for a small, medium, or large HO Animal binding?

• Baller

@estrom, I love the RCX. I was coming off an old Duvall from the 90s, and a Kidder Redline before that and have not tried many other newer skis (other than a prophecy), but I really like the ski. Fast, forgiving, all the good D3 stuff. Lots on this forum have said positive things. The trick is finding one that is not all used up at this point. I am looking at a 67 because that is where I fit on the chart, and I think it would help me get the ski and my hip around to the handle a bit more smoothly possibly.

Re: size, I have never had an Animal binding, though I wore one on a friend's prophecy earlier this year, but from what I saw, I think it would be like any other rubber binding: the sizing is handled above the plate with the size of the rubber and wraps. The plates stay the same.