I was wrong; Horton was right

Than_Bogan

• Baller

Hard to admit it, but this Like/Dislike/Awesome/Flag thing has actually worked out pretty well.

I've found the feedback somewhat useful in determining what people want more of.

More importantly, it seems the BoS community has used it the "right" way, and not turned it into some kind of personal vendetta.

I hope it has also helped Horton in his ongoing efforts to monitor the site effectively, even now that there's way more content than one person could hope to police dilligently.

I don't mind being wrong -- that happens a lot. But it hurts when it comes with Horton being right! :)

• Baller

@Wish HAH! Usually the best way to do "Rep Farming" is with something really funny (or cute, especially if there is a large female audience). But I'm not very funny and about as uncute as one can be, so this is all I've got. :)

But actually I've been impressed that the posts receiving the most Awesomes and Likes are not the funny/silly/cute ones, but usually are either advice that helps people (or at least they THINK it helps them...) or something related to promoting the sport (such as videos, tournament results, ideas to increase participation, etc.)