dual lock

lb

Ok here we go again, my binding came off my ski last night, the dual lock separated from the adhesive. not a big deal went home to grab my box of dual lock and my son reminded me it was gone. I use 400/170 (I don't want them to come off) Should I use Rubber adhesive ($93-per box) or Acrylic adhesive ($130 per box) both boxes have both rolls 5yard x 1" . can't remember what the last one was but it has been on there 2 1/2 years without ever coming off.

thank you. great link I just ordered it. The ski has 170 on it when I got it used. My Last goode 9900 wide I did use 400 / 250 but my son broke that one in half and was on crutches for a few weeks so I have backed off a little

• Baller

250 on 250 is what is normally recommended. People put 400/250 on when they don't want it to release. I am no dual lock expert, but that is what I have read many times.

Do a search for Dual Lock chart by @Scotchipman. He has done a lot a research and keeps up on who is doing what and what weight they are at, and has a very good chart to start with.

• Baller
I have been using 400 to 250 for many years, with several releases, and never had a problem. I put two strips of 400 on the outside of the bindings, with two strips of 250 on the inside...On the ski I use four vertical strips of 250....Has worked really well for years....250 to 250 works itself loose, and I had a couple of pre-releases using that combo.

• Baller

Ed, you are also a good size guy and not using all 400 on top.

The bottom line is it still is trial and error. If you ride the tail a lot, I have seen one skier who is very light, continue to pre release the front of his plate.

I weigh 250 and have 4 strips of 250 and one center strip of 250 about 8" long. I have not taken a hard fall this year to release, but when I have moved the plate for adjustment, when I can get my fingers underneath the rear edge, a quick hard pop and it releases.