Pp stargazer problem

dave_190

Just because it should work. Not that I use it. But it's there and it should work. And when I want it to sell the boat everything should be working. There is a high possibility that a non Tournament skier will buy the boat, not even having a clue what they both do and it won't be a good look something isn't working

Yeah not a lot, I get pp sucks and no one uses it. I also have a shower which I never use In the boat but when I realised it was broken I fixed it, same goes for pp.

I've tried everything I can think of, I was hoping someone had had this problem or could point me in good direction.

• Baller

I think there is about a 12 hour time difference. The PP guys are very helpful. Just a word of warning though my control module fried last year and I had to replace it. They were very helpful in the process but I wound up having to put a new module in.

I know in 08 the MC came with both. That said I don't think a functioning PP adds any value to your boat. I do understand your not wanting to sell it without fixing it though.

I'm really starting to think il have to fork out for a new stargazer. Not even one idea on how to fix it,I get it that it sucks and no uses it,but........... We used to use it. I really was hoping for a common problem and a quick fix.

I'm open to any suggestion, except for sell it it, dont ' worry about or pull it out a d out a gauge in.

• Baller

I would say if the issue comes where you may have to replace perfect pass, you might want to save some coin and run the perfect pass precision star and just put the GPS speedometer in the slot where the stargazer was.

My guess is actually the GPS puck could've crapped out but who knows. Maybe PP can email you some guidance on troubleshooting it.

• Baller
Cheaper to put PP classic in there than replace SG. There also may be a certain market for a price discounted accordingly b/c the SG doesn't work. As a buyer who wants ZO, I wouldn't give a rip and if it meant the boat was now in my price range and all else was good would go for it.

Just an update. Aaron at PP has been very helpful. Looks like its going to be 200 buks for that plus shipping and a possible software upgrade, which I don't think I really need cause I never use it. And by the look of it the Australian dealer of perfect pass in still USA, so work that out.