Advice please with video!

kfennell

So I finally got some decent video of myself running 32 and 34 mph (unfortunately this was about set # 9 for the weekend so I didn't get any of 36 mph). I was wondering if I could get some help from this, specifically what I can do to make my 1 ball more consistent (both of these aren't that bad but it falls apart at 36) and keep my hips up on the off side.

Details: 32-36 mph 15 off behind a carbon pro on B3. Ski is 68" RS-1 with Fluid Motion Quattro Boots.

Thanks!

and attempts at 36 I guess

I was a little tired in these videos which I think contributes to being squatty across the wake.

Thanks!

If you want a consistent one ball you have to start with your gates....you aren't even splitting them in the middle and that should be the worst case scenario. Your gate pull out is fine you just need to start your cut a little sooner and stay down through the first wake so you're not taking a flat ski and jumping to your other edge. You'll find yourself much wider and earlier if you just do those two things.

• Baller
When entering the gates you want to clip the back side of the right gate ball with the top of your ski, or get within a foot of the back of the right gateball. You look like you are running 32 and 34MPH pretty easy. Work on getting earlier and wider at those passes. You should be getting 5-10 feet or more outside the buoy line at those speeds. You will know when you are doing it right when you are at the finish of the turn right behind the ball. As always your strongest pull should be from behind the boat. You want to establish the extra margin of being extra wide and early because one you get to 36 MPH everything happens alot faster. You will need to establish that kind of rythm to run 36 MPH conistently. Most important at 36 MPH let the ski finish its turn before you load up on the rope. After your offside turn, let the ski finish a bit longer than your onside that way you can get into a stronger lean through the wake. If you do it right you can make up time on your offside pull. Try to get the front of your body to point at a 90 degree angle from the boat path(you will not be able to hold that path) before the rope loads up on you. That will help you establish a strong lean for crossing the wakes, and give you the angle you need to set yourself up early for the next buoy. Hope this helps.

• Baller

Your gate glide and turn-in seem back-foot-heavy. I'd work on a more balanced stance in the glide to get more of a carve through the gate, engaging more of the front of the ski. Other than that there are a LOT of good things going on in those passes. Great skiing. I'd focus 100% on pull out and gates.

Also, great advice above- well worded and dead on.