Need help LeonL

Ilivetoski

• Baller
@LeonL I need your help. My rear to inserts fell out of my ski yesterday. Along with my screws. Now I have 2 holes that are very large in the back of my ski. I want to put some holes in a little farther up so that I can have screws in the back, so can I come to your place sometime this week and have you drill? It is in the back to it is very thin and I dont want to drill through the ski. Hopefully will only have to use this ski through saturday.

If you still have the inserts (or if you don't, you can get some from Wiley's), you might want to enlarge the holes a little, make sure the depth is shimmed even with the ski, pour in some mixed 2 part epoxi with a syringe, and drop in the inserts, making sure they are centered. I put inserts in my old b.f.s, this way, and it worked pretty well.

• Baller
@llivetoski, I'll probably be here most every day/evening. Got mowing and misc stuff to do prior to the tournament Saturday. (weather forecast looks bad for Sat.) Come on out, we'll fix it. Bring your old inserts and we'll see what we can do with them. Otherwise we'll just shoot some screws in and move on to the next ski.

• Baller
Are you sure the screws and inserts are missing? I'm not seeing how that's possible. If the insert comes out of the ski, isn't the insert and screw still attached to the binding plate? I've had inserts come out before, but the screw and insert were always still in the plate...

• Baller
@Roger the inserts began coming out at nationals, as you know the inserts hold in the screws. When the inserts came out it took the screw with them. I have a Radar universal plate and the back mini plate came off as well. The carbon around the insert began to crack and made 2 large holes (where both the inserts were) and I assume as the hole got bigger it gave more wiggle room for the insert until I guess I made a turn or cut through the wakes and boom they poped out.