Greg Badal Pending National Record 5@41 Shortline Lake RC Today on his HO A2

Dirt

• Baller
Matt Brown went out before him and crushed a tailwind 39 to put pressure on Badal. Greg got a great start at 41 and it looked like he was going to run it. Awesome skiing! Great driving (as usual) by Elaine Bush.27a29a49cb89c76e77202944eb5454.jpg

• Baller
There is video of the boat path, gates and skier from the boat on a DVR at Shortline. I am not sure how to get a copy of it. Unfortunately I had just gotten out of the water and did not film it. Matt's ride was impressive also.

I am working on getting the video from the boat....I would have been videoing the 41 but I was on the tower judging. He actually didn't get a good start. He was on the tail and falling back out of 2, came in very narrow to 3 but stayed patient throughout the pass to get to 5.

Great skiing Greg!! Team HO!

• Baller
More help please. What is the difference between a world record and a national record? Todd won Nationals with a world record and Greg set the National record by matching the world record. Greg fell at Nationals but skied a record tournament for the National Record...I am so confused, what is going on?

• Baller
What is the difference between a world record and a national record?

World record applies to all skiers in the division world wide.

National record only applies to a given country in this case the USA

You can brake/tie a World & National record in any country, and it has to be in a R or Record capable tournament.

Badal skied in a RC so his National Record can also be submitted for a world record as well.

Its all in the wording.. If it is a world record it will also be a national record for the skiers country of origin. National records are not usually world records though.

• Baller

The IWWF only recognizes world records for men at 58K, women 55K.

Outside of that the IWWF recognizes world tournament records for Jr's, U21, 35+, ect. These must be set at the World Tournament of the corresponding division.

• Baller

L scores get submitted to the world ranking list

R can be a record as well as get submitted to the world rankings I believe . Like @ntx said there is only a minor judge requirement that separates the two. I thought MM at Nationals would be R..?

• Baller
It's called a masters men world record because it's the biggest 34 mph score in a record in the world, there is no official 34 mph world record, that being said, Jeff had the record at 4.5- Greg tied it at big dawg, TR got 5(pending), now Greg tied that. That's a mean few weeks of skiing, congrats to TR & Greg!

@Razorskier1 you are kind of being disrespectful by saying that. Past 28 off everything is the same as far as wake goes so that has no bearing here. Go to a tourney and watch some kids skiing 28 mph or my wife skiing 30-32 mph behind one, it is simply ridiculous.

• Baller
@kfennell -- no disrespect intended -- just poking a little given all that nearly all the comments on BOS regarding MC have been less than flattering. At a tournament this weekend all the kids requested the 2 year old LXi over the MC for that reason. My wife skis 15 off at 28, 30 and 32 mph behind my 2005 MC 197 and slices through the wakes without issue. Does that mean she wouldn't like the wakes of a new TXi or CC200 better? Nope. She could. Unfortunately for her she's stuck with my old boat until I win the lottery.

• Baller
@Razorskier1, you took the words right out of my mouth. No disrespect intended on my part either, but my opinion is the 197 has gotten an undeserved bad rap recently. Yes it needs an update, but still a stellar boat. Mine has 600 hard hours on it and it's taken me from 15 off well into short-lines with no complaints at all. Great boat

• Baller

Update on records, as of August 30th, per http://www.usawaterski.com/pages/divisions/3event/AWSAPendingNationalRecords.pdf

--Jeff Rodgers 4.5 @ 41 (MM & M3), done June 3rd, finally approved on August 29th. (Jeff is now in M4 post-Nationals).

--Todd's and Greg's 5 @ 41 (MM & M4) are pending as of August 30.

--Chet Raley's 3 @ 41 (M5), done July 8, is approved.

• Baller_
I would love to see the boat vid for Todds record at nats. I would love to see them all but being that its nats, would the committee maybe give some leeway to that record to protect the reputation of the event? (this is not saying that Todd did not run it, I know that he can and the driver was probably right down the center) I am just speaking in jest. All record vids should be made public for all to view.