Revision R.

Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Well Nationals is now over and we are into the 2013 Ski year. Now that the new ski year has started so has the latest Revision from Zero Off. This latest Version is Rev R. What has changed? Along with the standard ABC/123 in slalom comes a Plus setting or "X"factor option. This option is designed for the concerns that heavier skiers get hit to hard off the gate and one ball. The course entrance speed is elevated like in the case of 34.2 mph is now near the 34.6 mph range. I am told this is the original ZO formula with the 123 added. Also their is some jump program modifications mainly dealing with the 41 m segment.

I just loaded the new software into my 12 boat and will utilize it at this weekends tournament at Cory's. Keep in mind the RevQ ABC/123 remains the same in the RevR program.

Hopefully some feedback from some of you out their will make the transition and understanding of the workings of the revision better.

Jody

• Baller_
Do not know that it has been fully released as of yet. Myself as well as a few other Nautique promo owners have received and installed the revision from our promo coordinator. Also starting in 2013 Nautique 200 Team edition boats will have the ZO in the link monitor.

• Baller_

Need to clarify a couple of things about Rev-R. As Roger stated when utilizing the X process in the system the 123 gains are not utilized, The ABC in X mode are set with out the 123 gains.

Utilized the rev-r in jump over the weekend at Cory's, the readout interface for reporting time's has been made far more simple as now their are only the three time segments reporting on the screen.

• Baller_
The general Public already has it.....in 2013 model Boats (at least Nautiques with the link system) . Don't be in a big rush to run out and go out of your way to install it as the program that some of us have may not be the final Rev-R version. I think the operating software is locked down their just may be some interface/display changes. Chris Parrish ran his 1@43 at Lymanland this last weekend in X mode in selection C, he swears for him it is the way to go, Which makes sense as he is a big man. Chris was the only one in the tournament to select X as he has plenty of practice time with the program in his boat. Be patient and wait to see if their will be any minor changes you don't want to install the version twice. Their are a number of boats around the country with the version in them and they are starting to filter into the fall tournaments.

• Baller_

Have had a couple more sets with the Rev-R and the "Xfactor"/plus mode.

One thing I noticed right off was I could go back to my bit narrower gate approach as when I utilized the gate set up that I was using as in wider earlier on C-1 I would get whole lot more speed at one ball then I really needed and had the tendency to over shoot one. After adjusting to the gate approach the feel through the gate and off one ball was overall a softer feel......However hang on to my Ass off of two as without the 123 selection C felt like it was taking me out the front at the wake at -32 and -35! Will try B next time out. Again keep in mind "X"-factor is the original ZO program with elevated entrance speeds or so I am told!

This is so typical of Zero Off. Nothing on their website...no news release. Where would one obtain the upgrade?! Although I have a 2009 Nautique with Zero Off, I've been a PP dealer for 15 years and still install the systems in older boats. I've sold around 15 Z Boxes. PP has always been approachable and informative about their systems. The average skier can't get Jack S... from Zero Off. The sole source of info, for most people, about the ABC123 settings have come from the Schnitz site and/or techies like Shelby Coke and Zero Off has neither confirmed or denied any of this 2nd party info. Whatever happened to open architecture?! Sony learned their lesson with BetaMax. Zero Off could take a lesson, wise up, and provide some support to their customer base of tournament skiers.

• Baller
Our 12 200 has Rev R now. We used it in our tournament today. The big guys, ie 200+ lbs looked much better using +. I tried + one round and liked it, even though I'm less than 170lbs. I think it has promise. With + enabled, boat came through the gates 35.1-35.2. Without + enabled, it's 34.6-34.7. I know on both PP boats I've had, it came through the gates at 35.1-35.2mph. After 1 the boat doesn't react any different than it normally would without + enabled. Possibly a bit less reactive in the way it throttles.

• Baller
@danbirch I haven't had enough time with R to notice a pattern of endcourse times, but I do know that heavier skiers get closer to actual 1-ball and 3-ball times. With Q, the heavier skiers I have pulled in tournaments would consistently get 1.78 or 1.79 1-ball times and as low a 7.16 3-ball times. Q was having to make up that time by the end of the course. With R, the times are much closer to actual all the way down the lake.

• Baller
@Chuck_Dickey In the past, after paying a upgrade fee you could pull them from the zero off website to a laptop. Then you need a cable from zero off to transfer them into the system in your boat from your laptop. I think the upgrade was 50.00 to go from rev P to rev Q. Have not seen or heard what the cost will be to go from rev Q to rev R. Once you buy the cable, it can be shared with other zero off system owners. I don't remember what we paid for the cable.

• Baller
@Chuck_Dickey You can send the head unit to ZO and they'll update it for $50. Or you can find someone with an eCom cable in your area. Typically, the promo coordinator for each manufacter in a region has the cable and access to the ftp site to download. Dealers should also have an eCom cable and access to the download. It used to be that the eCom cable was like $220. Or you could try and sweet talk Jody into loaning you one of his. :)

• Baller_

Even with Rev-Q I saw 94's about 80% of the time, with 95 and 96 being the rarity. I asked Joe at ZO why? he told me that their is a percentage of error so they have it set up to error to the fast, if that makes any sense!

As far as Rev-R is concerned all must get it out of their minds that it is like Perfect Pass! It is not! The only reasonable similarity is that the Rev-R's X or plus mode brings the boat in at an elevated speed (half a mph) over the "normal" (ABC/123) mode.

Yes I will loan out my "Dongle" (funny name for a data communication cable) for version upgrade. keep in mind you will need your units serial number so as that ZO can give you a password for the update.

Thanks for the info Jody. I spoke at length with, and got my upgrade from, one of the main non-ZO guys, who was involved with the development and ultimate approval of the update. He stated that Rev Q was programmed to come into the gates at .76% faster than selected. Rev R with the "+" setting comes it at 1.75% faster. The result, in my short experience with Rev R, is that a selected speed of 34.2 yields around a 34.6 - 34.8 gate. I was also told that the 1-2-3 settings are still in play. The JUMP time display, as you mentioned, is an improvement and there was some tweaking done in the 42M Segment for better RTB times. Also, the SLALOM wait time is defaulted to "0" instead of "180" seconds and your setting is retained in memory after complete electrical shutdown. In addition to Serial Number, Part Number is also necessary from the Configuration page. The Serial Number specific Password allows the "Display" software to run, but I'm told that the program also looks for an appropriate part number from the head for .mot file compatibility.

• Baller

The A1 or B2 or whatever you have the screen set on stays on the screen when you press the + key, but it actually defaults to just A+, B+, or C+. Don't get caught up into thinking you can have A1+ or A3+. Your options are A1, A2, A3,or A+ then likewise with B and C.

I've seen senior drivers at Nationals and Regionals the don't even know how to put in the wait time.

• Baller
Yes but it is still only A+. This is the one confusing area in the new Rev R. I don't know why they didn't make the 1,2,3 go away when you click the + button. I talked with Andy Mapple about this and he assured me that the 1,2,3 is NO factor when using +. Read back to the beginning of the posts and Jody says the same thing.