When is it time to get a new ski?

Taelan28

My ski aint broke but it looks very used and has some nasty chips from letting go of the handle in the turn. I thought this ski would last me a couple years but the idea of a newer ski sounds sexier by the week.

When is it time for you to get a new ski?

• Baller
I'd say when you feel like you need something different because that will typically happen first. However, if you feel like the ski might be structurally compromised either by water in the core, hairline cracks, or a bunch of crushed edges then it might be a good idea to replace it to prevent an injury in the event that it may snap in a hard turn.

• Baller
The appropriate time to buy a new ski is directly after you receive the credit card bill on any given month and you add up the ten or fifteen insignificant things that your wife purchased during that month. Credit card bill ='s Ski purchase justification

• Baller
All jokes aside, this is a topic that is hot on my mind right now. I've been on the same ski for 4 full seasons now. I've been told by multiple folks that its time for me to get off that "old broken down" ski and get a new one. If its old and broken down, its been a slow progression.....not a sudden change. So how do I KNOW if its broken down? Whats the SERIOUS answer to this question?