Slalom Handle advice?

skigirl

• Baller

Looking for a new handle. Current one is over 10 yrs old, straightline, endcaps, sinks. Think I want endcaps/fingergards again. When tired, it is often first due to my hands as they start to uncurl.

As for level, I want something good, but don't need a pro handle, and have no idea about optimum grip diameter. Will probably have to order online, so hard to choose. I am usually a free skier (because I don't have a course), but I ski hard, 32-34 mph, on a 67" HO Syndicate S1, at 22 off.

Any advice?

• Baller
There are a lot of options out there because everyone has their own preference and grips the handle differently. Do you like to grip the handle deep in your palms or in your finger tips? Do you have any issues with your elbows hurting after skiing? Do you use gloves? If so, what size do you wear? Do you like your hands close together or more spread out (wide vs narrow handle)?

• Baller
Thanks to @horton 's review I bought a curved USgear with the radius ends. After a couple of passes I didn't notice it. It really grips well. The curve helped the elbow pain. I had been using a Masterline Drew Ross handle before that, It was nice. The last Straightline handle i had sank like it had lead in it. Not sure what the difference is.

• Baller
Take all of this with a grain of salt since handles are totally personal preference.... If you have the strength and like to grip the handle in your fingertips, one of the elliptical handles is amazing. Any time I use a round handle whether it's a radius, straight, skinny, or fat, I end up tearing up my hands really bad because I can't grip it in my finger tips very well. Mine is a 0.94 wide elliptical handle and my right hand never has any problems even if I ski 3-4 times a week. My left hand is a little weaker and I have to grip the handle a little deeper so I get calluses below my middle and pinky fingers if I ski a lot. If I use a round handle though, I get calluses and/or blisters under ALL of my fingers in one day because I don't have the strength to grip the round handle in my fingers.

• Baller
@MS. Thanks for the offer, but really didn't know what I would want and decided I had to go to a ski shop to actually grip them. But still difficult to tell in the shop. We will see when I try it tomorrow. Thanks again for the advice, from everyone.