Terry Winter-- Best Skier of all time for his size?

matthewbrown

A couple of years ago when he was coaching at Sunset ski ranch (My favorite Vacation spot)

Terry would ski a set every day, and one pass he was sooo early to the 3 ball at 41 that there was no way he could stay out there and finish a good turn. That week he ran every 39 like nothing, That was a great highlight.

Also, not only is he a great skier, he is a great coach and even better working with younger kids.

• Baller
I agree that TW is a great coach. I've taken numerous lessons from him over the past few years and it has greatly helped me out. He always seems to find one thing to work on and explain it simply so that I can apply it during the lesson.

• Baller

A little unknown fact: missy Franklin has a size 13 foot. The IOC determined this is an unfair advantage, so, in Olympic events only--not other non Olympic meets like Worlds, etc. the swimmers with smaller feet have been given a finish pad( that they touch to stop the clock) that is thicker/closer to the swimmer. Its in proportion to how much smaller their feet are to Missy's. (ex. MF is a 28 Mondo, a 24 Mondo swimmer gets a finish pad 4cm closer).

TW rocks