Looking for a 2009 Ski Nautique 196

WallyGater

• Baller
I went through three dealers last year to find one and just got lucky. Each dealer told me that whenever a 2008 or 2009 196 came in, they where gone the same day (this was just after the 2011 200s came out and everyone was in shock over the prices and fuel consumtion of the 2010/2011 boats). Lucky for me that Jeff Smith (Silver Spray Sports in MI) had one hidden away at his brother's house. I love the boat (the trailer is another story).

• Baller
@skinautique200 - Pheonix... built new to hold my boat so arrived from MI with the boat. Issues: Bunks not beveled to hull angle, wore through carpet in 1 week. Dealer offered to pay local carpenter to sand bunks, but I borrowed his sander and did it myself. Pheonix sent new carpet (which was not correct length, but worked ok). Next issue, bow wore through front roller, dealer replaced roller, bow wore through again this time messing up the gel coat. Dealer replaced roller with harder version and fixed gel coat (all new Pheonix trailers come with harder roller now which is working fine). Next issue, right disk brake dragging and heating up hub. Brake company that provides calipers for Pheonix sent new caliper which I installed. Three weeks later, left caliper starts dragging; another new caliper sent which I installed. Next issue, lights intermittent and flickering and backup solinoid not always reliable. I figured both were same issue so went after flickering lights and found intermittent ground between where ground wire attaches at hitch coupler and area behind where trailer tongue hinges at. I took pin out, cleaned it, cleaned pin hole and tried lights, same problem. I had some romex wire lying around, so I ran a piece through the tongue from the same ground connection to one of the bolts holding the upright snubber in place. Flickering solved, but intermittent reverse lockout solenoid still issue. I'm going to take it to a trailer place and have them deal with that. Oh, and the calipers still drag from time to time...

• Baller
@skinautique200 - I believe they are actually a pretty good company now... The SN200 trailers seem to be ok. I think my trailer might have been their first 196 trailer and I got to be the tester. The first 200 trialers they released also had the soft front roller, but that is the only issue I've heard from owners of that trailer where the Ramlin 200 trailers have been problematic to say the least. If I can get the backup solinoid problem resolve, I'll actually be pretty happy with the trailer.

• Baller

MIKE WORKMAN IS SELLING HIS 2007 NAUTIQUE WITH 200-325 HOURS. STORED INDOORS ON LIFT AT WARMAN.

HAS ZERO OFF AND PERFECT PASS. BOAT PULLS AND TRACKS AS WELL AS ANY NAUTIQUE. HAS A ESSENTIALLY NEW BIMINI TOP 1 VERY SUPERFICIAL SCRATCH ON SIDE BY THE LETTER N, YOU CAN SEE IF YOU LOOK CLOSE. I AM STARTING TO PULL KIDS AT A CHURCH CAMP AND BOUGHT THE SAME BOAT IN A 2010 FOR MORE ROOM. E-MAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS MICHAEL@WORKMANMD.COM OR FEEL FREE TO CALL THX.

• Baller
Walleygater...the boat is at laku landing in windsor colorado...it has right at 500 hours...the trailer is tandem axle. I suspect the reason you see a lot of blue and white is because their appearance is easy to maintain. I'll post photos soon.