Tourny PB 3@35!!

• Baller

Managed to gain another 1.5 bouys on Saturday @bearhollow ski lakes in northern Utah!! 3@35!! funny thing is 6 yrs ago when i started skiing the course i remember watching guys ski into 35 off and tell myself not sure if i will ever ski that line?? never say never. The real rock star Saturday was my 13yr old daughter Sienna who went out first skier first round in the wind and rollers and crushed it!!! We are loving this sport and all the great people involved.

Thanks @horton for creating and maintaining a great forum!!!!

• Baller
@markchilcutt Nice. I am going to try and catch you this weekend. Out of curiosity what is your PB in practice? I have been running 32 pretty often in practice and ran 2@35 off in my last tournament but so far I have gotten 4 @35 twice. I have gotten 3 more often but my average at 35 right now is much closer to 2 than 3.

• Baller
@chef23 Well i ran 5 @ 35 at full speed 8 days ago missing the six ball by 2 inches!!! I have ran the full pass 5 times with a slow boat. So i guess 5@35 is my practice PB. Tear it up this weekend @chef23 i will expect to see you posting 1@38 for your new tourny PB!!!!!

• Baller
@ chef23 for sure slow the boat down! it has been amazing for me this season. by slowing i am learning how to run the pass then i make small increases depending on how i feel that day. Its how i got thru 32. Just slow it by .40 mph so 33.8 if your a 34.2 guy? if you dont run that go .50 or .60 run that a few times then start to increase in small amounts. Its all been a huge confidence builder for me.

• Baller
Way to go Mark! When I first got addicted to a course - 6 years ago - I had a phrase: 35 off. That is still where I want to be....last year ran 32 three times. So I still have a ways to go. Good thoughts on slowing the boat down. I have done that this year too....tremendous confidence booster. Not to mention my consistancy is INCREASING!!! It should help others out too!

• Baller

I pushed mine to 3.5@35 this weekend. I ran 32 in 2 of 3 rounds. The one I missed was my best start andi overturned 3 ball and fell.

My 35 I was I awesome shape and came off the handle early at 4 ball and couldn't hold onto it. If I had ridden the handle to 4 ball I definitely would have gotten to 5. I did start thinking I was going to run the 35.

• Baller
@Chef23 i am RFF and have developed this horrible habit as i approach 1 ball of throwing the handle down course and skiing straight at the bouy!! Most of the time i end up with a ton of slack and then it just sucks from there trying to make up time. Guess i should be stoked gaining 2 bouys so far this year!! Keep it rollin man!

• Baller

@markchilcutt I am having a problem at 2 ball at 32 right now where I have no patience. I have been getting great 1 balls then stomping on the tail at 2. In rd 1 when I ran 3.5@35 I stepped on the tail and the ski wheelied then I was in scramble mode to run the pass. In rd 2 I was way early at 3 ball @32 off then overturned and fell. In rd. 3 I had a crappy gate was in full scramble mode at 32 off and ran it. I fell at 2 ball though at 35.

It was the first time I ran 32 twice in a tournament though so it was a good feeling. One of my friends was driving rd. 2 and he said I was over skiing things but I am not sure what that means.