Ruth McCreary: Are you kidding me!?

Than_Bogan

• Gold Member

Twitter feeds says she ran 5 @ 32/-38 yesterday, leaving the G2 record 2 buoys behind her. (Was that record already hers? How much has she added to the old one?)

That is some insane skiing.

Awesome job, Ruth! Hope to meet you one of these days.

• Baller
Yeah she set a (pending) G2 record at Cottonwood a few weeks ago with a score of 3@32/11.25. Previous to that she held (at least co-held) the record with a score of 2.5 (which set ran last fall). Great skiing Ruth!

• Baller

@than it sounds like everyone's arms are bigger than yours : )

I think it is really interesting that a lot of ladies skiers go out there in those tiny little bikini bottoms when I'm not willing to run in anything less than boardies or more often a shorty wetsuit even when it's warm. I like the protection...the ladies seem so exposed.

• Gold Member

@6balls Yeah, at 6'2" 170 there's not a lot to me. Then again, in 10th grade I was 6'2" 145, so I made some "progress" I guess.

But at least my 11 year old daughter doesn't have arms bigger than mine...

My 7 year old daughter is getting close, though :-) She takes more after her mom.

@RuthMcCreary Welcome to the board! I'd love to hear more from you, although I'll understand if you have better things to do than help old fogies with their skiing...

• Baller

I wonder if she wanted to use a junior rope...? just kidding. Obviously, she is on a standard rope. The Masterline junior rope only goes to -35 and the InTow junior rope only goes to -32. But, per the rules she has the option of using the junior rope as a G2 skier. I know... off topic.

BTW - Nice Skiing Ruth!!!! That is very awesome!